HP e-PC 10 Virtual Floppy issue (82 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Dingle Berry
Message 1 of 1 (82 Views)

HP e-PC 10 Virtual Floppy issue

[ Edited ]

Hi, I am attempting to use pxelinux as a two-stage boot loader. Specifically, pxe loads pxelinux kernel, which in turn allows me to load a floppy image.

Whenever I am trying to load ms-dos, I keep getting "non-system disk" errors. The disk (images) I am loading are definitely good images. I use the same pxe process as part of our deployment process. (The target floppy in question is the ghost boot disk).
Most of our equipment is from Dell and the same ghost disks work without a hitch.

The most logical test is to attach a physical floppy drive to the unit and boot with the physical floppy. Unfortunately this is not possible because the motherboard of the E-PC does not even have floppy connectors.

Any ideas? Currently the only way we have of using ghost with the E-PC is to remove the drives and duplicate them that way, but this is problematic for a wide scale deployment.

thanks.

dingle

P.S. this thread has been moevd from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > general to Business PCs - Evo, Deskpro, Vectra, Kayak, Brio, e-PC - Hp Fourms Moderator

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation