Re: Evo D500 - getting at BIOS (71 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Graham Penneck
Message 1 of 2 (71 Views)

Evo D500 - getting at BIOS

[ Edited ]

When I boot up my Evo D500, it says "F10 = setup". Often, if I use F10 (which I have quite often lately because I'm trying to add a 3rd hard drive in my D500 - Secondary Master with the DVD drive as Secondary Slave), the message changes to "Setup" but then sails on straight into Windows XP.

Is there anyone who can tell me why I can't get at BIOS every time I want to, please?

Thanks

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > Windows based to Business PCs - Evo, Deskpro, Vectra, Kayak, Brio, e-PC, - HP Forum Moderator

Occasional Contributor
Graham Penneck
Message 2 of 2 (71 Views)

Re: Evo D500 - getting at BIOS

I have found the answer. I had to hold a keyboard key down during bootup so the boot thought there was a faulty keyboard. That allowed me to get into BIOS. In BIOS under "Advanced/Power-up Options" the "POST Mode" was set to "QuickPOST". I set that to "FullPOST", and now I can get into BIOS whenever I want during bootup.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.