Re: Deskpro 4000 won't boot up (29 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Rick Granlund
Message 1 of 5 (29 Views)

Deskpro 4000 won't boot up

[ Edited ]

My Deskpro 4000 gets an 'FF 301 Keyboard Error' when trying to boot up. It won't boot from a floppy or even try..just that error code. I have two machines & both do it. They were on a LAN and I would like to convert them for personal use with Win98. How do I get them to boot?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards >
 Windows based >to Business PCs - Evo, Deskpro, Vectra, Kayak, Brio, e-PC -HP Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Gary Cantwell
Message 2 of 5 (29 Views)

Re: Deskpro 4000 won't boot up

Hi Rick,

You could try resetting the bios back to the default values in the setup...

Also reset the cmos on the motherboard,

hope this helps,

Gary

Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Rick Granlund
Message 3 of 5 (29 Views)

Hi Gary-
The problem is I can't get into setup at all. The computers IMMEDIATELY go to the error code "FF 301 Keyboard error". I have tried other keyboards & no keyboard, but it persists. hey won't go into boot sequence AT ALL. I have reset the CMOS-no change.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Gary Cantwell
Message 4 of 5 (29 Views)

WOW!

that is strange! Is the keyboard connector damaged in any way?

Is is possible to remove the cmos battery?

Can you remove the network card? or any other cards? - basically get it back to its 'original' state?

let me know..

Gary
Please use plain text.
Occasional Advisor
Rick Granlund
Message 5 of 5 (29 Views)

Hi Gary-
I have the identical problem on BOTH my Deskpro 4000s.Different keyboards etc. I have tried to boot w/no keyboard-same thing. They never get to the boot sequence. I have reset CMOS but not removed the battery-yet.The network card is part of the motherboard. Other cards (modem, Video, sound) are, of course removable. Haven't tried that yet. I have run out of ideas. Wish a HP engineer would jump in & give me some direction.
Any other ideas? All are appreciated.
Rick
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation