Re: DeskPro Beeps (53 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Tom Hammer_2
Message 1 of 2 (53 Views)

DeskPro Beeps

[ Edited ]

When I boot my DeskPro, I get 1 long, then 3 short beeps and no video. I've already moved the RAM chips around and changed out the video card. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,

Tom

P.S. this thread has been moevd from from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > Windows based to Business PCs - Evo, Deskpro, Vectra, Kayak, Brio, e-PC. - HP Forum Moderator

Honored Contributor
Ron Kinner
Message 2 of 2 (53 Views)

Re: DeskPro Beeps

The manual says that the System ROM is bad and that you need to do a BIOS reflash using the recovery procedure.

If I remember correctly you need to put the BIOS update on a floppy and put the floppy in the PC then hold down ESC while turning power on. Continue to hold until it begins to read the floppy.

There are a lot of Deskpro's so I can't tell you where to get the BIOS. You will have to get it yourself from:

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Lookup?h_lang=en&h_cc=us&cc=us&h_page=hpcom〈=en&h_client=S-A-R163-1&h_pagetype=software&h_query=deskpro&submit.x=7&submit.y=10

Ron
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.