Compaq Deskpro exd p800 not can not boot from disk (255 Views)
Occasional Visitor
nikko_2
Message 1 of 2 (255 Views)

Compaq Deskpro exd p800 not can not boot from disk

[ Edited ]

Hi I have an old Deskpro EXD P800 but when i install a new HDD it doesnt allow me to load an OS. I can boot from the OS CD but it hangs during hardware inspection.
The HDD is a 160GB Samsung. I have used it on a newer PC and it works fine. When I install an older HDD of lesser capacity the Deskpro works fine, so what am I doing wrong?... Do I need a bios Upgrade? (b.t.w I cant seem to find the Bios for the Deskpro EXD P800 anywhere online).... Any help will be appreciated.

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > general to Business PCs - Evo, Deskpro, Vectra, Kayak, Brio, e-PC - Hp forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
Frequent Advisor
Rose27
Message 2 of 2 (255 Views)

Re: Compaq Deskpro exd p800 not can not boot from disk

Hi nikko,

If i got your problem right ,u may try the following:

When installing Windows 98 or Windows ME from a retail CD:

Boot the computer using the installation diskette provided with retail versions of Windows 98 or Windows ME and selecting the Start Windows Setup from CD-ROM option.
Or
Boot the computer using a bootable floppy diskette and manually run the Setup program from a retail version of the Windows 98 or Windows ME CD.

When installing Windows 98 or Windows ME from a Compaq CD:

Boot the computer using the Compaq Restore CD to reinstall the operating systems.

Thanks.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation