Re: no option to boot - ProOne 600 G1 (653 Views)
Occasional Visitor
3D-IT-guru
Message 1 of 4 (862 Views)

no option to boot - ProOne 600 G1

I recently supplied a client of mine with a new HP ProOne 600 G1 computer with an upgrade to a Intel 120GB mSATA drive and some additional RAM.

It took me a while to figure out where in the BIOS I could disable UEFI boot in order to utilise the SSD and install Windows 7 (it came factory configured with Win 8.1 Pro), but I'm having this issue that whenever the OS is restarted, the POST screen displays "no option to boot to".

A simple Ctrl+Alt+Del restarts the system and it will boot normally.  But I'm concerned about leaving the client with this problem.

I have the SSD listed as the first boot device in the Legacy boot order and have disabled all unlikely boot devices (USB CF/FDD, Network etc.).  I've also disabled the entire UEFI group from the boot order.

I've also done a BIOS update to the latest (2.23 I think).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Occasional Visitor
ProfounDarkness
Message 2 of 4 (667 Views)

Re: no option to boot - ProOne 600 G1

Just started having the same issue. I imaged the computer using WDS, ran windows update after image and it booted into this error. 

windows 7 32 bit, same model as OPs. Running lagacy boot with IDE instead of AHCI. It doesn't always happen, but i'm sure i'm going to recieve calls from user more often than I would like about the issue. I have about 20 computers with the same model, same BIOS configuration and this is the only one doing it so far.

It's not to big of a deal for me considering I could put this computer on hold for now rather than hand it out, but I would love to hear a resolution to this issue. 

Occasional Visitor
ProfounDarkness
Message 3 of 4 (666 Views)

Note: I'm using Disk Drive instead of SSD
Valued Contributor
Bright3
Message 4 of 4 (653 Views)

hi, did you try to reset your bios?/

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.