Re: installing radeon card...error message on boot (2293 Views)
Occasional Visitor
jungledeaf
Message 1 of 6 (2,293 Views)

installing radeon card...error message on boot

I have a d530 convertible tower and decided to get a new video card, so agp going out now, got what I could, a Sapphire Radeon HD 3650.
After installing the card into my computer, it let me get to windows xp & install drivers off the cd. After rebooting I get the error message at bios:

110 - Out of memory space for option ROMs
The option for the following device was unable to run due to memory constraints. If you choose to continue, one or more PCI devices may not work properly.
bus/dev/fcn : 05h/02h/00h

When I hit F1 to continue anyways, the Windows loading screen comes up, and after that the screen goes and stays black.

thanks

jd
Honored Contributor
Steven Hauk_1
Message 2 of 6 (2,293 Views)

Re: installing radeon card...error message on boot

In your CMOS setup do you have the option to select Advanced > Power-On Options > ACPI/USB Buffer @ Top of Memory > Enable?
Occasional Visitor
jungledeaf
Message 3 of 6 (2,293 Views)

I believe so
Occasional Visitor
jungledeaf
Message 4 of 6 (2,293 Views)

Yes it has that option
HP Pro
HpBiosGuy
Message 5 of 6 (2,293 Views)

Hi,

Another thing that might get you some more room for you option ROM is to disable PXE Option ROM Download in F10 Setup, Advanced, Device Options. That is assuming you do not do network boots.

Hope this helps,
Scott
Thanks,
HpBiosGuy

I am an HP Employee.
Occasional Visitor
Michael2012
Message 6 of 6 (1,039 Views)

PXE turned off did it for me on Z420. Started happenning when I set uup Intel RAID. Also have 2 ATI v7900 cards installed w/Server 2012, using Windows 8 initial driver set...HP is way behind (Jan. 2012 and still shown as beta.........

Thanks, this tip squelched 110 error immediately.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.