Re: hp compaq dc5100 mt base unit (387 Views)
Occasional Visitor
debj_du
Message 1 of 4 (415 Views)

hp compaq dc5100 mt base unit

hello, i have installed windows 7 OS (32 bit) on my hp compaq dc5100 mt base unit. everyting is working fine till now, but whenever i click on restrat, the pc doesn't take restart. after dispalying the BIOS options, the screen remains dark. i have to press the power key manually to shut it down. then again when i press the power key, it starts again and everything is okay then. is there any problem in the bios settings?

HP Pro
HpBiosGuy
Message 2 of 4 (387 Views)

Re: hp compaq dc5100 mt base unit

Hi,

This sounds like a hang on the next boot that is only failing on a "warm" boot (versus a "cold" boot or power on).  What version of the BIOS are you using?  Have you tried upgrading to the latest available onine?  Do you have any USB devices connected on your system?

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
HpBiosGuy

I am an HP Employee.
Occasional Visitor
debj_du
Message 3 of 4 (350 Views)

[ Edited ]

hello

thanks for the reply. actually i am not quite aware of the fact of upgarding the BIOS. can you suggest me in this regard. i.e. how to upagrade? it would be very helpful.
thanks in advance.

with regards
debj_du

HP Pro
HpBiosGuy
Message 4 of 4 (339 Views)

Hi,

Please consult this article:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/performMaintDisplay/?sp4ts.oid=4...

The latest BIOS for this system can be downloaded here:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=473255&spf...

I hope this helps,

Thanks,
HpBiosGuy

I am an HP Employee.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.