dc7800 NICs have connection loss (68 Views)
Occasional Visitor
John T Meagher
Message 1 of 4 (68 Views)

dc7800 NICs have connection loss

[ Edited ]

We've had 3 WinXP systems that keep losing their network connection for no reason. Disabling /re-enabling NIC brings connnection back temporarily. Checked ethernet cables, drops, and switch ports in all instances. Device Manager and Event Log reveal no problems. Replacing NIC/motherboard appears to fix problem - anyone know if there is a known issue?

P.S. This thread has been moevd from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > Windows based to Business PCs - Compaq, Elite, Pro. - hp Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Nathan Milliren
Message 2 of 4 (68 Views)

Re: dc7800 NICs have connection loss

We have had the same issue with 2 out of 3 systems that we have given users. I hope there is a better fix then changing the system board out.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
John Peeler
Message 3 of 4 (68 Views)

We are also having this issue, on about 8 systems total now. Has anyone had trouble getting the motherboards warrantied?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
John T Meagher
Message 4 of 4 (68 Views)

I've had no problems getting the motherboards replaced under warranty - it's just a pain in the neck. Back in May, I was worried that this was going to be an epidemic (perhaps due to some fault during manufacturing) - but haven't really seen the issue since then.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation