actualizacion de bios (bios upgrade) (145 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Pablo_55
Message 1 of 3 (145 Views)

actualizacion de bios (bios upgrade)

We have hp compaq dc7100 equipments with the bios version v.1.05
With this version it is posible to start the sistem via usb pendrive 2.0 (memory stick seitec) with a windows 95 start menu (for example) but with the new version of the bios v.1.53 (we have upgrade the bios on some equipments) it´s not possible. It does not recognize the system with the message "missing operating system"
The setup configuration is the same.
I haven´t found any report about this problem, so I would be very grateful if someone can give me any idea.

Tenemos equipos hp compaq dc7100 con la versión de bios 786c1 v.1.05
Hasta ahora no hemos tenido ningún problema para arrancar con dispositivos usb pendrive (seitec) pero ha sido actualizar la misma a la version v.1.53 y ha dejado de funcionar. Reconoce el dispositivo una vez arrancado el S.O., en eso no hay problema, pero no permite una arranque desde ahí. No he encontrado ningun problema reportado respecto a esto y por eso me extraña.
G
Advisor
BR815937
Message 2 of 3 (145 Views)

Re: actualizacion de bios (bios upgrade)

Hi Pablo,

actually it seems that there is no solution about that available. But in my point of view it might be possible that the new firmware is not compatible with your brand of usb pendrive.

First, have you cleared the cmos after phlashing? (it's recommended to do that after each phlash)

After that you'll have to define the boot-order to boot from usb. Have you checked different usb-ports? Have you tried a HP USB Disk-On-key?

If this is not resolving the issue you can try a downgrade to the previous version unless you have a different usb pendriv or a newer bios-version is released.

with kind regards
Lars
I didn't do it
Occasional Visitor
Pablo_55
Message 3 of 3 (145 Views)

Re: actualizacion de bios (bios upgrade)

Hallo Lars.
First my apologize for not to reply before your message.

I have been trying to test some other posibilities in addition to yours.

I finaly find out the solution.
As I told before the problem was that with this version of bios the system can´t boot
with my brand of usb(i don´t know the reason, actually, by the moment) and when I turn on the computer (I got a message like "missing operating system")

But, what a surprise when simply, when I make a reset with "ctrl + alt + del" with the computer already on, I´ was succesful and the computer recongnize the window 95 I have on the Usb pendrive of seitec.
¿why? I don´t really know.

Thank you very much for you help.

I was not intelligent enough to take this into account be
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.