Wifi card driver went off and on installing the driver - Error : "Update has been cancelled (9996)" (348 Views)
Occasional Collector
gauravbansal1
Message 1 of 2 (348 Views)

Wifi card driver went off and on installing the driver - Error : "Update has been cancelled (9996)"

Hi,

I have a HP Omni 200-5320il Desktop PC (All in One).

I run Windows-7 Basic 64 Bit. I did not get this operating system originally. Instead, my machine had DOS installed.

I bought the OS separately and installed it. The machine is more than a year old and everything was fine until now.

Couple of days ago, All of sudden by wifi card driver went off.

I tried to restore the PC to an older date but it did not work.

I cannot see the driver in the Device Manager window.

I went to HP's website and downloaded the driver for wifi card :

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareCategory?os=4063&lc=en&cc=in&dlc=en&sw_lang=&product=5109...

However, as I tried installing wireless card driver but, I get following error when installing it on my computer.

HP Update Error: Your system does not meet the minimum requirements for this update. Update has been cancelled (9996)

I ensured every hardware on my machine is original. Also, there is sufficient disk space. But still the driver does not install.

I even tried intalling the driver in safe mode but it did not help.

Can someone please look into this and help me.

I'll be grateful for any help in this concern.

Thanks in advance !

- Gaurav
Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 2 of 2 (325 Views)

Re: Wifi card driver went off and on installing the driver - Error : "Update has been cancelled

Hi, Gaurav:

If the wireless card has completely disappeared from being listed under the Network Adapters section of the Device Manager, then it is possible the hardware itself has failed.

Is it showing up in the Device manager under a category called Other Devices as a Network Controller?

If so, then it needs a driver installed.

If not, then most likely the hardware has failed and the wireless card needs to be replaced.

You may just want to purchase an external USB network adapter if the latter turns out to be the case.

If you see a Network Controller listed, please let me know and I will link you to a different driver to use.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.