Video driver Issue with HP Compaq 6005 Pro ultra slim desktop. (2832 Views)
Visitor
dskinner
Message 1 of 8 (2,832 Views)
Accepted Solution

Video driver Issue with HP Compaq 6005 Pro ultra slim desktop.

Hello, I have a problem with a HP compaq 6005 ultra slim desktop. It's a VS760UT#ABA, which of course doesn't show up in the driver finder. Neither does the "detect my hardware" work as far as knowing that this is an HP desktop.

The issue is with a "multimedia video controller" that shows up in device manager that I am unable to find a driver for.

A sticker on the side of the pc indicates that it does have a TV tuner in it. PN 5893722-001.

Can someone please point me to a driver for this device? Or does anyone else have any experience with this model that can point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 2 of 8 (2,809 Views)

Re: Video driver Issue with HP Compaq 6005 Pro ultra slim desktop.

Hi:

I cannot find any info about a TV tuner being part of the standard configuration. Are you sure that is the part number?  Most HP parts consist of a 6 digit -dash- 3 digit part number. You posted a 7 digit first section part number.

In any event, we can probably help if you do two things:

1. List the operating system version (XP, Vista, W7) (32 or 64 bit as well) you are running.

2. Click on the device with the missing drivers in the device manager. Then click on the details tab. In XP,  you will see a string of characters. Please post that string of characters which identify the manufacturer and the device type. 

In Windows 7, drop down on the list in the upper middle of the details tab window (Property) and select the second item (Hardware ID's) and post the string of characters.

Once we can identify the manufacturer and specific device, we then can try to find the appropriate driver for it.

Paul

Visitor
dskinner
Message 3 of 8 (2,777 Views)

[ Edited ]

Paul thanks for taking a look at this, especially over the holiday weekend.

The information on the side is as follows:

SN# XXXXXXX - (For security reasons, the serial number has been edited,  that's information you probably don't want to make publicly available. - Forum Moderator)

PN# US760UT#ABA

Promo 6005peUAX220160h2V23rk

On a white sticker it lists "this device contains a standard television recieving apparatus...." some suff about canada and some french writing etc. With what looks like a part number on the bottom of the white sticker (sticker was applied at the factory) the number listed on the sticker is 583722-001 and the machine does have a standard UHF screw type connection in the back of the pc.

Inside of the case on the side is a white sticker with the following information:

579057-008

CT: LBFGC0EXLYU0XL

I'm not saying that this is a tv tuner that windows is having a problem with, just that in device manager is lists a yellow exclamation next to "multimedia video controller" which has always indicated a driver issue. It could very well be something else.  The details tab lists the following information.

PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0165&SUBSYS_65241461&REV_0B\4&2EA2A821&0&0048

Is this the string that you need? has any of this provided any more help?

I've found two driver pages for this on HP's site.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=4169010...

which is no help

and the other

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodNameId=4169007...

which is more help.

Any light that can be spread on this would be great.. side question, how does the driver details code help you identify the driver needed? I would love to know this.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 4 of 8 (2,770 Views)

Hi:

You didn't provide the OS you are running (at least I didn't see where you did.  However, the hardware ID string you provided did get me the device.

It is this:  AVerMedia A313 MiniCard Hybrid DVB-T

I can't find a driver for it though. I also did a search on the hardware ID string and it also shows this:

AVERMEDIA A323 MINICARD HYBRID ATSC [PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0165.

I can find drivers for this model.  However since I don't know what OS you are using, I can only assume Windows Vista or 7 and have provided the link to those drivers:

Windows 7 64 Bit:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=pv-841...

Windows 7 32 Bit:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=pv-841...

Windows Vista 64 Bit:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=pv-709...

I cannot find Vista 32 Bit or XP drivers for this TV card.

I hope this fixes it for you because I don't have any other ideas if it doesn't.

Paul

Visitor
dskinner
Message 5 of 8 (2,754 Views)

Arg, it is windows XP 32 bit that I'm running. Sorry I forgot to include that the other day.

Thank you for all your help!

Visitor
dskinner
Message 6 of 8 (2,750 Views)

Paul Thanks for you help in identifiying the device.

This is actually the correct driver I found. I'm posting it here in the event someone else run's into the same problem.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=vc-858...

Thanks again!

Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 7 of 8 (2,742 Views)

You're very welcome. Glad I could help out in some way, and that you found the right driver.

Occasional Visitor
joespinuch
Message 8 of 8 (2,682 Views)

sory about being out of thread but i can find no place else to post. I am having a dificult time reading the feature byte on a pavilion sr5710f . several letters are hard to tell if they are upper case or lower. /s/, /x/, and /w/. i need to tatto for a new board and cannot be sure if i am entering the right letters. is there some one who can help?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.