Re: USB3 Hard drives kill startup (132 Views)
Occasional Contributor
ladiver
Message 1 of 2 (156 Views)

USB3 Hard drives kill startup

I need some help here.  I have 4 USB3 hard drives that I keep attached to my PC.  Normally, I don;t have any problems.

I ordered a new 8300 Elite CMT with Windows 7.  After I got everything installed, it seemed to be working well.  I plugged in the USB3 Seagate drives and they worked great.  After a reboot, I got a message to repair startup.  Well, no recovery options worked and I got to reformat.  

I was not convinced it was the USB3 drives, so I tried it all again and after several days, I connected the drives and rebooted.  Well, same results.  A corruped startup.

I ordered another 8300 Elite CMT with Win7 and some better specs.  Go fugure, it had the exact same issue.  

Does anyone have USB3 Seagate drives that they leave connected during reboot?  What BIOS settings need to be changed to not corrupt the startup?

Thanks,

Jeff

Occasional Visitor
danhubbell
Message 2 of 2 (132 Views)

Re: USB3 Hard drives kill startup

Sorry, no solution but I am having the same problem with a Toshiba USB 3 drive and a HP 6300. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.