Triple monitors on Pro 6300? (416 Views)
Advisor
BillClark22
Message 1 of 2 (416 Views)

Triple monitors on Pro 6300?

Running an HP Pro 6300 (Product# C7B18UT#ABA) and trying to get 3 monitors to function on this unit.  I have added an HP nVidia NVS 300 PCIe graphics card to this unit, and that handles 2 of the monitors just fine using a split-tail adapter from the card.  My thoughts were I could then add a 3rd monitor using the DisplayPort.  So I've got an IOGear DisplayPort-to-VGA adapter and have hooked up a 3rd monitor but no dice.  Monitor says "no signal" and can't see it in Windows 7 at all.  I've tested the adapter separately from the system and it does work, so the adapter isn't broken.  Am I running up against a cheap hardware config that prevents onboard video from working when also using an add-on display card? 

Bill

Frequent Advisor
robinraju
Message 2 of 2 (322 Views)

Re: Triple monitors on Pro 6300?

Hello Bill,

By design, Intel system boards disable on board video once a video card is inserted. There is an option in the BIOS to enable both onboard and video ports. Int he BIOS, under advanced and device options, enable Integrated Video. This should enable the on board ports too.

Robin

I am an HP Employee.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.