System Recovery Manager (1249 Views)
Occasional Visitor
roctaiwan
Message 1 of 3 (1,249 Views)

System Recovery Manager

I have a HP compaq 6000 pro Micropower workstation with Window 7 installed.

I had read couple of articles related with Recovery and back ups methods provided by HP and it seems like its using a tool called "recovery manager" (In some other machine it's just called "system recovery") suppose be installed on my machine but its not.

I can see there is a addition partition that has called "HP_recovery" on my machine. But it has no use when I follow the system recovery steps by pressing "f11" while system boot up and it suppose start recovery process, but it does not.

what's wrong? can I install recovery manager myself? where can I download it?
I am using HP compaq 6000 pro micropower workstation with Window 7 OS
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
aoc1620
Message 2 of 3 (642 Views)

Re: System Recovery Manager

I have a HP compaq 6000 pro Micropower workstation with Window 7 installed.

I had read couple of articles related with Recovery and back ups methods provided by HP and it seems like its using a tool called "recovery manager" (In some other machine it's just called "system recovery") suppose be installed on my machine but its not.

I can see there is a addition partition that has called "HP_recovery" on my machine. But it has no use when I follow the system recovery steps by pressing "f11" while system boot up and it suppose start recovery process, but it does not.

what's wrong? can I install recovery manager myself? where can I download it?

I am using HP compaq 6000 pro micropower workstation with Window 7 OS
Please use plain text.
HP Pro
HpBiosGuy
Message 3 of 3 (607 Views)

Re: System Recovery Manager

Hi,

Please check in F10 Setup, Advanced, Power-On Options and look for the Factory Recovery Boot Support (or System Recovery Boot Support) setting.  Is this enabled?  If not, does it work if it is enabled?

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
HpBiosGuy

I am an HP Employee.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation