Setting Product Name in BIOS of dc5000sff (458 Views)
Occasional Contributor
woody woodside
Message 1 of 3 (458 Views)

Setting Product Name in BIOS of dc5000sff

I use BGInfo to pull serial number, model and mfg from a computer upon user login. When motherboard has been replaced, we are able to set the serial number but not model (Product Name) in the BIOS. The Product Name field remains blank and cannot be filled in.

The BIOS of dc5100sff allows modification by doing a Ctrl-A at BIOS Main Menu, then the option to enter Product Name appears in "Security/System IDs" but, it doesn't work for dc5000sff.

Is there a utility or method to fill in the Product Name in the BIOS of a dc5000sff??
Honored Contributor
John Kirk
Message 2 of 3 (458 Views)

Re: Setting Product Name in BIOS of dc5000sff

Woody

This is a little out of my field but have you set up password for system setup or power on. I suspect that if you have not set up to password protect the BIOS settings the Security settings such as this can not be changed. This is just a guess.

Hope this helps.

John K.
Occasional Contributor
woody woodside
Message 3 of 3 (458 Views)

Re: Setting Product Name in BIOS of dc5000sff

I do have a password on the BIOS, but you have given me the idea to try w/o a password.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.