Re: Problem on several pro 3015mt (3021 Views)
Occasional Visitor
MarcoSai
Message 1 of 7 (3,332 Views)

Problem on several pro 3015mt

Hello all.

one year and six month ago my company (i work as a technician) bought 6 hp pr 3015 mt downgraded with xp professional.

ALL of them have a problem i guess related with the motherboard, the first started to give problems 2 months ago the last just today.

they initially started to freeze during boot at the hp logo screen and after several reboot i can get into the bios where both the dvd and the hdd are missing.

i tried resetting the bios using the two jumpers and the problem is solved for a few days and then again with freezes.

i already resetted the bios on all our 3015 since they got this problem at least once.

on 3 of them i had to change the mainboard (pegatron M2N78-LA) to definively solve the problem and i am about to change the fourth just today.

(since they are out of warranty,i had to pay for them)

is there a problem with this particular model? i know that a pc may had a broken part but here i have got the same problem (motherboard) on ALL pc.

Collector
johnnybb2000
Message 2 of 7 (3,229 Views)

Re: Problem on several pro 3015mt

Hi,

I bought two of these and I too have had the mobo's go. Overheating on the North Bridge... So I have been informed which fried them both. I purchased a replacement MB from HP at cost of ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTY POUNDS - shocking as it seems to be a faulty mobo and is such a low spec. I am now trying to source a direct replacement elsewhere for the other one and finding it difficult. I am told an Asus M3N78-CM is a fit but, very difficult to source in UK.

I bought an HP for reliability and look what I got.

Honored Contributor
Rainald T
Message 3 of 7 (3,222 Views)

Did you not have a chance to have it replaced under warranty?

Rainald

Collector
johnnybb2000
Message 4 of 7 (3,220 Views)

no, unfortunately not... units were 14 months and 16 months old when they failed.... even more annoying!

john

Collector
johnnybb2000
Message 5 of 7 (3,185 Views)

I thought I might get a opinion from HP Support on this!?!?!

There is quite a bit o the same subject o the web and HP don't seem to want to know... well, I guess they wouldn't! I have found a Mobo which is a direct replacement for £46 / 50USD from a local supplier if anyone interested... fitted it in about an hour, then rebuild.

Of course the Win7 Busiess rebuild disks are now rendered useless, indeed I now have to get a Win7 Business disk to be able to install the OS. Bloomin pain in the neck - any ideas how to get a replacement Win7 Business disk?? HP??

Anyone???

JB

Occasional Visitor
Stenfert
Message 6 of 7 (3,027 Views)

Last week I experienced the same problem, Pro 3015 MT freezes at logo screen and I'm also sure it's the motherboard: Pegatron M2N7B-LA. This PC is 23 months old, so to young.

Well garantee is over, but if HP wants to keep their name of being solid they should give at least an alternative at reasonable cost.

Aart

Honored Contributor
Rainald T
Message 7 of 7 (3,021 Views)

Stenfert,

this forum is not a place for contacting HP.  This will afford that you conact the HP support.

This forum is a peer-to-peer place where users try to help other user.

All the best for being taken care of by HP support

Rainald

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.