Pro 3005 MT CoProcessor Driver for Win7 - 64bit (1264 Views)
Occasional Visitor
RagnCagn
Message 1 of 5 (1,264 Views)
Accepted Solution

Pro 3005 MT CoProcessor Driver for Win7 - 64bit

[ Edited ]

Kinda says it all. I have a HP Pro 3005 MT desktop with an AMD X2 245 processor, that I've upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate (64 bit). Everything is working fine with the exception that the driver for a CoProcessor isn't installed, and I can't seem to locate one anywhere (Drivers, Online, nothing). Apparently, the MoBo has a Nvidia Chipset, and the Coprocessor driver should install with that. However, the Pro 3005 MT Drivers page doesn't offer a Nvidia Chipset driver down load for Windows 7 or any other OS either. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Added info! The motherboard uses the NVIDIA GeForce 9100 Chipset

Thanks - RagnCagn

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
RagnCagn
Message 2 of 5 (1,152 Views)

Re: Pro 3005 MT CoProcessor Driver for Win7 - 64bit

Come on, guys, Please! Someone out there has to have had a similar issue with this. Where are the HP moderators? Surely, they've had this issue come up before. I mean this is a relatively newer, HP computer, and it's running one of Microsofts latest OS. Any help would be appreciated. 

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
RagnCagn
Message 3 of 5 (1,148 Views)

PROBLEM SOLVED!

Well, for what it's worth, I was able to finally locate the correct driver, and solved this issue. Apparently, this link is to a HP drivers page for the Pro 3005 MT, but this isn't the one the website takes you to when you type in the systen number.  Anyway, the coprocessor issue is solved. Here is a link to the page:

http://www.driverscape.com/manufacturers/hp/laptops-desktops/hp-pro-3005-microtower-pc/10307

What you need to do is select the "Coprocessor" driver from the list of drivers, click on it, and then on the next screen scroll down to the version: 5.1.26000208 (327.42K) and downloaded it to your desktop. Once downloaded, extract it to a known location (I extracted it to my desktop). Now, on your desktop, go to the start cutton, right click it, and proceed to the "Device Manager" option in the upper left corner. Open it and double click on the "Coprocessor Warning" icon. Select the "update driver" option and direct it to the folder that you extracted the driver to. Select the driver and let the systen update. Problem solved. Hope this helps someone.

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 4 of 5 (1,146 Views)

Hi:

You need to install the nvidia chipset driver.

This one should work for you...

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/30520/en-us

Please use plain text.
Acclaimed Contributor
Dennis Handly
Message 5 of 5 (1,136 Views)

>Where are the HP moderators?

Moderators only deal with Rules of Participation and aren't subject matter experts.

(Unless you're here on Expert Days.)

Note: This is a peer to peer forum, not an official HP support site.
Have you tried contacting the HPSC?
http://www.hp.com/go/hpsc

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation