12-16-2000 04:00 PM
02-28-2001 04:00 PM
To work around this issue, restart your computer in Safe mode, and then disable your video adapter:
1. Restart your computer, press and hold CTRL until you receive the Windows Startup menu, and then choose Safe Mode.
2. Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click System.
3. Click the Device Manager tab, double-click the Display adapters branch to expand it, and then double-click your video adapter.
4. Click to clear the Exists in all profiles check box, and then restart your computer. Thanks for using COMPAQ support forum
02-03-2015 10:08 AM
I have seen this error a couple times on HP units. Today it was fixed by removing a PCI exansion card. Its likely a configuration error in the bios in association with the card IRQ address ( a guess ).
02-12-2015 10:10 AM
To fix the issue please follow the following steps :-
1. Start or restart the computer.
2. Press and hold the F10 key until the system enters the F10 Setup.
3. Select the appropriate language option.
4. Press the Enter key.
5. In the BIOS screen, navigate to the Advanced option, then select Bus options and disable the PCI SERR# generation. Press F10 to accept the changes, and reboot the unit.