Parity Check 2 error on startup (18926 Views)
Super Advisor
CA835831
Message 1 of 6 (18,926 Views)

Parity Check 2 error on startup

I am getting a Parity Check 2 error on startup. I replaced the memory with a module that works in another machine but I am still getting the error. I have tried resetting the CMOS button but nothing seems to work and I cannot find any docs on the error. I have also scanned the harddrive for any viruses and found nothing. Thank you for your help.
"Inactive" generic user for pre-merger Compaq forum authors.
Please use plain text.
Super Advisor
CA835830
Message 2 of 6 (18,926 Views)

Re: Parity Check 2 error on startup

To resolve this issue, obtain and install the most current drivers for your video adapter.

To work around this issue, restart your computer in Safe mode, and then disable your video adapter:

1. Restart your computer, press and hold CTRL until you receive the Windows Startup menu, and then choose Safe Mode.

2. Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click System.

3. Click the Device Manager tab, double-click the Display adapters branch to expand it, and then double-click your video adapter.

4. Click to clear the Exists in all profiles check box, and then restart your computer.   Thanks for using COMPAQ support forum

"Inactive" generic user for pre-merger Compaq forum authors.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Jcbonilla
Message 3 of 6 (17,639 Views)

I have the same problem, but I followed out bios and does not give me the option to go to safe mode, I recommended

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Jcbonilla
Message 4 of 6 (17,638 Views)

I could help with this problem, because I do not let go of parity check 2 keyboard stops responding too

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Akın_AKALAN
Message 5 of 6 (15,606 Views)

change your ram slot

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
chufor
Message 6 of 6 (11,865 Views)

RTC battery change may resolve the problem.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation