Parity Check 2 error on startup (30247 Views)
Super Advisor
Message 1 of 8 (30,247 Views)

Parity Check 2 error on startup

I am getting a Parity Check 2 error on startup. I replaced the memory with a module that works in another machine but I am still getting the error. I have tried resetting the CMOS button but nothing seems to work and I cannot find any docs on the error. I have also scanned the harddrive for any viruses and found nothing. Thank you for your help.
"Inactive" generic user for pre-merger Compaq forum authors.
Super Advisor
Message 2 of 8 (30,247 Views)

Re: Parity Check 2 error on startup

To resolve this issue, obtain and install the most current drivers for your video adapter.

To work around this issue, restart your computer in Safe mode, and then disable your video adapter:

1. Restart your computer, press and hold CTRL until you receive the Windows Startup menu, and then choose Safe Mode.

2. Click Start, point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then double-click System.

3. Click the Device Manager tab, double-click the Display adapters branch to expand it, and then double-click your video adapter.

4. Click to clear the Exists in all profiles check box, and then restart your computer.   Thanks for using COMPAQ support forum

"Inactive" generic user for pre-merger Compaq forum authors.
Occasional Visitor
Message 3 of 8 (28,960 Views)

I have the same problem, but I followed out bios and does not give me the option to go to safe mode, I recommended

Occasional Visitor
Message 4 of 8 (28,959 Views)

I could help with this problem, because I do not let go of parity check 2 keyboard stops responding too

Occasional Visitor
Message 5 of 8 (26,927 Views)

change your ram slot

Occasional Visitor
Message 6 of 8 (23,186 Views)

RTC battery change may resolve the problem.
Occasional Visitor
Message 7 of 8 (2,012 Views)

I have seen this error a couple times on HP units. Today it was fixed by removing a PCI exansion card. Its likely a configuration error in the bios in association with the card IRQ address ( a guess ).

HP Pro
Message 8 of 8 (1,702 Views)

To fix the issue please follow the following steps :- 

1. Start or restart the computer.
2. Press and hold the F10 key until the system enters the F10 Setup.
3. Select the appropriate language option.
4. Press the Enter key.
5. In the BIOS screen, navigate to the Advanced option, then select Bus options and disable the PCI SERR# generation. Press F10 to accept the changes, and reboot the unit.

Regards,

Kumar

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.