Not enough space in runtime area!!SMBIOS data will not be available. (8863 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Alim Akkaya
Message 1 of 3 (8,863 Views)

Not enough space in runtime area!!SMBIOS data will not be available.

Okay, I got this PC last week. After installing a new graphics adapter the system started to show up the message in subject during power up. Pressing F2 bypasses the message and system boots normally, but it's not good that i have to attend to boot process. Making some digging I found out that it =might= be fixed by a bios update. Being skeptical I decided to give it a shot. But to my surprise, there is no bios update available for the product I have.

I have a Compaq 500B mini tower desktop PC with 2GB or RAM and E5300 CPU. it's motherboard says : H-IG41-uATX, REV:1.0, which I think is a product of Foxconn, which they have no information of. I seem to hit a dead end. I've looked for the HP products which might have the same mobo without any luck.

So; is there a way to fix this issue? If a bios update can really fix it; can any one point out the bios update file to download?

BIOS Revision : 5.05 09/25/09
Core version : 08.00.15

If it's possible to dump bios(not sure if hp/foxconn allow this); some one with the same bios could be of help as well.
Honored Contributor
Pieter 't Hart
Message 2 of 3 (8,863 Views)

Re: Not enough space in runtime area!!SMBIOS data will not be available.

from this post
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/227579-31-help-figure-problem
it could be a power-problem

(HP office desktops have 180W PSU; tower maybe 300W)

Quote :

From the AMIBIOS manual

2.9 SMBIOS eModule Error Messages Message Displayed Description Not enough space in Runtime area!!. SMBIOS data will not be available.This message is displayed when the size of the SMBIOS data exceeds the available SMBIOS runtime storage size.2.10 CPU eModule Error Messages Message Displayed Description Warning! This system board doesnot support the power requirements of the installed processor. The processor will be runat a reduced frequency, which will impact system performance.This message is displayed when the power requirements of the board do not match the power requirement of the CPU.
Occasional Visitor
Alim Akkaya
Message 3 of 3 (8,863 Views)

Re: Not enough space in runtime area!!SMBIOS data will not be available.

Other than the message shown, system works just perfect. No problems at all. 500B specifications and the writings on PSU say that the PSU is 300W . I think that the computer would more problems if it was power issue. And the system would return to normal after removing the graphics card. But the message is persistent, it did not go away even if I removed the card. So, still at the same point. Thank you by the way for your time.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.