Re: New Compaq 6305 Microtower - want to switch to RAID mode (162 Views)
Occasional Visitor
vsitsols
Message 1 of 4 (283 Views)

New Compaq 6305 Microtower - want to switch to RAID mode

I have a new Hp Compaq 6305 Microtower shipped with factory restore disks for Windows 7. All is good, except I want to enable SATA-RAID mode in the BIOS - and as soon as I do it fails to boot. 

It is obviously because the image on there does not ship with the RAID drivers installed or pre-loaded prior to windows starting. 

How can I get the drivers installed ? 

Or is there an alrernative factory restore disk available that has a RAID enabled image on it ? 

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
HpBiosGuy
Message 2 of 4 (260 Views)

Re: New Compaq 6305 Microtower - want to switch to RAID mode

Hello,

This white paper on the HP site may be of use to you:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.BINARYPORTLET/public/kb/docDisplay/resource.proc...

In particular, see the section entitled, "Configuring RAID on non-factory preinstalled configurations," starting on page 12.  Page 17 begins dealing with the OS image.  If you have your factory restore disk, you should be able to do this.  The RAID driver is available for download on the HP web site.

From the white paper:

"Before proceeding, you will need the following:

• Microsoft Windows OS media and Product Key.
  • RAID driver UFD. To create, go to www.hp.com/support. Select your country and language, select Support and Drivers, click on Drivers and Software, enter the model number of the computer, and press Enter. "

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
HpBiosGuy

I am an HP Employee.
Please use plain text.
HP Pro
robinhp
Message 3 of 4 (240 Views)

Hello,

You would need to reinstall the OS again to have the unit in RAID. So I would suggest changing the SATA emulation to RAID and then using the Restore Media to install the OS. It should install all required drivers, including the RAID drivers. Once the installtion is done the unit should be in RAID 1(which is the default option for HP desktops).

Thanks,

Robin

I work for HP
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
thechauffeur
Message 4 of 4 (162 Views)

Did you ever get this installed?

The W7 Pro Recovery disks provided do not seem to work for this application.

I am waiting on a solution from HP support, but thought I would ask if you had success.  If so, how?

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation