Re: Means to change Product name in system BIOS (562 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Terry Phelps
Message 1 of 4 (1,549 Views)

Means to change Product name in system BIOS

Does anyone know of a way to change the Product name in the system bios of a business desktop and/or a commercial laptop? I am a resident engineer at a large US account and sometimes the information is missing. The customer wants this to be correct when they run their Altiris reports for senior management.
Occasional Advisor
Kris Degruytere
Message 2 of 4 (1,549 Views)

Re: Means to change Product name in system BIOS

Goh, the HP repair guys came to us the other day to swap over a couple of systemboards in our HP6910 laptops. They're using a tool on a usb stick to set this information in the bios. That's all i know, i don't have the tool itself.

tnxs
K
Honored Contributor
zhanggr
Message 3 of 4 (1,549 Views)

The information would never be missing, the thing that missed would be altiris "agent".

If no "agent" installed in client PC, altiris server could not find client PC information.
Half soft Half hard
Occasional Visitor
Tricky_Trev
Message 4 of 4 (562 Views)

You may be able to edit the Product name and Serial number in the BIOS.

If you enter the BIOS, then simulatuously press CRTL+A this will allow you to enter the Editor mode. Then find the System ID option and you should be able to edit the Product name and Serial number in this window

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.