Hp 7800dc - Creazione Ghost (350 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Alessandro Systec
Message 1 of 3 (350 Views)

Hp 7800dc - Creazione Ghost

Ho il problema seguente : sto cercando di creare un Ghost dell'HP 7800 DC. Ho necessità di eseguirlo tramite un GhostCast, che normalmente eseguo con un semplice floppy di boot, all'interno del quale si trovano i driver della scheda di rete,del mouse,etc, fino al Ghost.exe.

Il problema che ho, e ce l'ho solo con questo computer, è il seguente : qualsiasi versione di ghost INFERIORE alla 7, riavvia il computer non appena lancio il comando "ghost.exe". Qualsiasi versione di ghost, dalla 7.5 in avanti, invece, inchioda il computer sulla finestra di benvenuto del ghost stesso, senza possibilità di fare alcunchè.

Ho disabilitato ogni funzione di protezione dal BIOS del computer, eccezion fatta per il drivelock, il quale, a quanto pare, non può essere disattivato.

Potreste darmi un suggerimento?

Grazie

Ale
-----
Hello everyone!
I have the following problem: I'm trying to create a Ghost dell'HP 7800 DC. I need to run it through a GhostCast, which normally run with a single boot floppy, where are the drivers for network adapter, mouse, etc., until Ghost.exe.

The problem that I have, and this I only with this computer, is as follows: any version of the ghost LOWER 7, reboot the computer when launching the command "ghost.exe." Any version of ghost, from 7.5 on, the computer nail on the window welcome the ghost itself, without possibility to do anything.

I disabled every function of protection from computer BIOS, except for the drivelock which, it seems, can not be disabled.

Could you give me a suggestion?

Thank you

Ale
Honored Contributor
John Kirk
Message 2 of 3 (350 Views)

Re: Hp 7800dc - Creazione Ghost

Ale

All of the drivers are here, choose your OS:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/DriverDownload.jsp?prodNameId=3459243〈=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12454&prodSeriesId=3459240&taskId=135

I recall that the dc7800 uses a Broadcom BCM5752 network controller. I may be wrong and can not check because as usual the HP support documentation site is down. If you need a DOS driver for it you may be able to get one from the Broadcom web site.

Hope this helps.

John K.
Occasional Visitor
Alessandro Systec
Message 3 of 3 (350 Views)

Re: Hp 7800dc - Creazione Ghost

Hi John,
thanks for answer...and please,forgime me for my poor English!

My problem is not the network card.
My problem concerns the "Ghost.exe", which restarts the computer,in versions 7 or below, while nails the pc, in versions 7.5 or higher. In any case: you know how to remove the function "drivelock" from Bios?

Thanks

All the best

Ale
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.