How to create an HP Elite 8300 SFF Diagnostic Partition (78 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Michael Shapiro_1
Message 1 of 2 (78 Views)
Accepted Solution

How to create an HP Elite 8300 SFF Diagnostic Partition

Hello.

My company recently purchased 500 HP Elite 8300 SFF PCs, product # QV996AV. I am in the process of creating a Windows 7 Professional image to  delpoy to our users. Since we have used Dell PCs in the past, I was able to recreate the diagnostic partition so our support people do not have to carry around a set of discs. With the exception of 2 or 3 PCs, the rest of the HP PCs are in their factory state. The factory image utilizes four partitions, of which I( know two are the OS and the other is the Windows Recovery partition.

Assuming such a diagnostic partition exists on these PCs, is there a way I can copy or recreate it to use on our image? Our image only contains two partitions, one for Windows and one for diagnostics. The Windows and system recovery partitions we will not need. Should we encounter a problem with the PC, we will use Microsoft's Imagex (Win PE 3.1) on either a flash drive or SCCM.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Michael Shapiro_1
Message 2 of 2 (48 Views)

Re: How to create an HP Elite 8300 SFF Diagnostic Partition

[ Edited ]

Never-mind, I figured it out myself. I simply install the  HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI at:

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5232857&sp...

The application, once expanded, created the HP_TOOLS partition and installs the diagnostics.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation