06-07-2009 11:57 PM
I have a HP d530 SFF. I have installed a PIV Intel 2.8Ghz Processor (supported by the MoBo), but when I boot I get the message "Missing or Invalid Processor Microcode Update. PLease contact etc...". The BIOS shows that my processor stepping is F25.
I have downloaded the Microcode Update (V 1.09, file sp31629.exe, my current version is 1.07) from HP site, but I cannot get to install it. I execute the file, then it creates a diskette, then I boot from the diskette and I follow the instructions to do the update and it says that it's done. But when I reboot it keeps saying my version is 1.07 and I keep having the error message. Could you tell howto do it?
I have also searched the WEB and I found a guy that says he had the same problem and fixed it with a "CMOS flash utility" from HP.
Could you help me with my problem?
06-08-2009 04:27 AM
Where did you find out that the CPU was on the list?
say thanks with HP POINTS
06-11-2009 11:32 PM
tab: revision history, stepping-F25 is from before bios version 1.07
Not the processor itself is updated, but the bios support for processor with a certain "stepping-level".
so it could be either
- it is not correctly detected and displayed
- or the processor IS stepping- F25 and is not supported on this MoBo.
- or the upgrade program detects for this procesor (F25) the upgrade is not neccessary and don't really installs the upgrade :-(
have you tried ?
- put back the old processor
- update the microcode
- check version
- replace new processor
06-12-2009 09:16 AM
Thanks for your reply.
Here my comments to your suggestions:
have you tried ?
- put back the old processor: right now i just have the one i have
- update the microcode: Like I said in my first comment, I'm not able to. But, like you said, F25 seems to be before V 1.07. So my question is: Could anyone tell me if this Board supports F25?? Maybe I need an older version (like 1.06 or 1.05??)? Is there a way to get it?
- check version: I'm sure I have version 1.07 and that the stepping is F25
- replace new processor: it'd imply buying a new one, which I'm trying to avoid if i could fix the problem with the one i have.
Thanks for your comments,
06-14-2009 10:36 PM
no, that's not what i meant to say.
I meant you do the microcode update with the original processor of the system installed. and only after the mc-upcrade put in the "new" processor.
ofcourse if you have only one processor (and no original cpu) this procedure is not possible.
06-15-2009 03:49 PM
I think it gets down to knowing if this Board supports F25 and if for that I need to get an older (rather than a newer) update version. I've searched the Web and couldn't find versions earlier than 1.07. Maybe HP can provide it for me?
03-06-2010 12:15 PM
05-18-2010 12:03 AM
my bios version was 1.11 , as expected it gave me the microcode error, processor is stepping F32,
I have flashed my Bios to the latest version , thats available on HP site sp28567.exe
and that's it, no need to install the microcode update sp31629.exe
My Pc is working Great, with Ht enabled
I am not very good in hardware, but i like to take risks,
and i guess you too should take the risk,
it's ur luck if u get ur way,
upgrade the bios with Cd rom and Enjoy
Best Of Luck