HP Pro 3130 MT - Corrupted BIOS (1649 Views)
Occasional Visitor
BukeMan
Message 1 of 6 (1,649 Views)

HP Pro 3130 MT - Corrupted BIOS

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone!

I have a problem with minitiwer PC  model HP Pro 3130 MT.

All of a sudden today after restart it stopped to show regular screen with HP Logo (with hand) in the center.

Now it just shows initialization information. Also in the BIOS setup if to go to "SystemIDs" menu it doesnt show the information about product.. no Product Number, No Serial Number.. nothing. just random symbols. Instead of a valid product number there is something like "PPPPPP-CCC#MMMMMMM"...

I've tried to flash BIOS with Firmware downloaded from HP product support page, but everything stays the same, it doesn't help.

Do you have any idea what the problem can be?

*added a photos of BIOS screen with described issue

Occasional Visitor
BukeMan
Message 2 of 6 (1,576 Views)

Re: HP Pro 3130 MT - Corrupted BIOS

Do I need to provide some additional information in order to get assistance, or I should post this question to another forum topic?
Occasional Visitor
Endourf
Message 3 of 6 (1,462 Views)

I have the same problems, i change THe MB and don't let me change de serial number for register de new equipment, any ideas?

Occasional Visitor
Emichrod
Message 4 of 6 (1,394 Views)

I have the same problem, the equipment don't show the HP logo of Startup, the system W7 don't start and isn't posible reinstall the system, a screen say that the disks are not compatible with the computer.

Some help?

Occasional Visitor
Luis Fallas
Message 5 of 6 (1,362 Views)

Hello:

I have the same problem. But I have installed 4 dims and only half of memory appears installed in the O.S.

Please I need Help.

lfallasm@homail.com

Luis Fallas

Frequent Advisor
shooreg
Message 6 of 6 (1,323 Views)

To reenter system IDs you will need a tool named HPDMIFit - it is not commonly avaliable from HP since it is intended to be used by HP service partners. However, you can find it on the Internet from other sites.

But be careful when using it - besides SN/PN programming it is also used to turn on/off some features that may not be avaliable on your hardware.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.