Re: HP PRO 3500 doesn't recognize PC RAID controller. (793 Views)
Occasional Visitor
GiacomoMoretti
Message 1 of 3 (1,009 Views)

HP PRO 3500 doesn't recognize PC RAID controller.

Hello,

one of my customers bought an HP PRO 3500 MT desktop.

He needs to use a RAID 1 array so we sold him an Adaptec 1220 SA PCI-e controller.

I tried to install it but seems like the pc can't recognize the hardware controller.

I checked the bios configuration but I can't find anything could help.

Does anyone have any suggestion about this?

Thanks a lot.

Giacomo

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Nocheski
Message 2 of 3 (793 Views)

Re: HP PRO 3500 doesn't recognize PC RAID controller.

Have you found a solution to this problem? I tried that with the very same RAID controller (Adaptec 1220SA) and with SIL3132 - same result.... What is interesting both of them work perfectly on 3400 with no specific settings, of course.

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Nocheski
Message 3 of 3 (780 Views)

Re: HP PRO 3500 doesn't recognize PC RAID controller.

Interesting is that those 2 controllers work on a noname computer (even with the same chipset - H61)... After some research and testing I came to the same conclusion as some other guys - the thing is that those RAID controllers are NOT UEFI-COMPLIANT!!! That noname computer that I have mentioned had DUAL-Uefi and that must be the reason why it worked. I have tried flashing bios on my HP Pro 3500 with v8.12 and 8.14 (from HP official website) with no result.  

So conclusion is look for Uefi compliant RAID controller or (if you are an adventurist) try to flash BIOS back to an earlier version or at least switch to legacy mode (of course if your BIOS has that option, mine on HP didn't).

I hope someone will have some use of this :)

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation