HP DC7900 MiniTower : NO AUDIO (3982 Views)
Occasional Advisor
lordrdn
Message 1 of 13 (3,982 Views)

HP DC7900 MiniTower : NO AUDIO

[ Edited ]

hello ppls,

i got a desktop pc : HP compaq DC7900 Convertible mini-tower

it was downgraded to XP and it sucks on XP, i installed Win7 Ultimate 32x (86x)

everything is fine expect the audio and PCI driver (idk wats PCI driver)

- i need PCI driver

- i downloaded the drivers from the site , but the audio driver isn't working well, soundmax isn't suported so i had to install the other driver ( thin hp speaker driver thingy ) it shows that the PC got the right driver for the audio but no output, i am sure of my speakers and my connections, when i play sth i dun hear a thing, but the sound meter moves in the taskbar when i click on it

i need the right driver plz help :(

Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 2 of 13 (3,946 Views)

Re: HP DC7900 MiniTower : NO AUDIO

Hi:

If I were you, I would install the operating system all over again, since you have just done it, and probably haven't moved on to installing lots of programs and files yet.

Instead of getting the drivers from HP's website, first connect to the internet once you reinstalled the operating system.  Click on the Windows Update button in the programs menu and let Windows 7 find updates from the Windows Update website. Normally, there is an update for the audio driver.

If you are missing any drivers after you update your PC from the Windows Update website, then go to HP's website and get any missing drivers you may need.

Paul

Occasional Advisor
lordrdn
Message 3 of 13 (3,940 Views)

well, thanx for ur help, but you know i already installed all of my programs but i didn't bother to mention :smileytongue:

anyways  i will try installing the OS again

Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 4 of 13 (3,938 Views)

You're welcome. 

I normally don't install anything other than the OS until I know the PC is working 100%. Just for reasons like you are experiencing.

Occasional Advisor
lordrdn
Message 5 of 13 (3,929 Views)

[ Edited ]

oh i forgot to mention something, there is partion made by HP titled "HP_RECOVERY" (total size 16GB, 11GB used)

when i get in i only find a folder "RECOVERY" and a file "FullImage.lst" and nothing expect those ,i think inside the files are hidden the way windows hides administrators files since show hidden folders didn't work, and u need to know the names of the files inside of u want to access :D

i wonder if there is a way to use the files in that partion and wat are the hidden files in there? any ideas? :o

Occasional Advisor
lordrdn
Message 6 of 13 (3,919 Views)

still no use, i can't find the drivers for PCI , and no audio

Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 7 of 13 (3,916 Views)

I don't understand why Windows 7 isn't loading the audio drivers.  The dc7900's audio is supported in Windows 7.

The recovery partition...it is an image file...all you can do with that is to hit the F11 key at the HP splash screen, and it will ask you if you want to restore your PC using the recovery partition, and you follow the instructions. You lose all your data and programs,and it puts the factory image on your computer.

The question is...is that a Windows 7 recovery partition or a Windows XP recovery partition?

The PCI device might be the Intel Active Client Manager HECI Device Driver for Microsoft Windows 7

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12...

Paul

Occasional Advisor
lordrdn
Message 8 of 13 (3,904 Views)

well when i got my pc it was on XP and i saw every HP HP HP :D i mean a lot of HP uitlties , and its wrotten on the case " OS : Vista downgraded to XP pro " so the OS is windows XP not win7 neither vista

so i guess that image file got XP OS included (luckily i didn't deleted that partion xD)

and that driver i got it and when i try installing it it shows this error (i thought its not important) :-

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt145/lordrdn/Untitled.jpg

(and yes my windows is not genuine)

so wat do u think? where is the probelm ... it would be very bad if this PC runs on only XP and no sound at win7 ... grrr ... i wanted to play my leatest games which needed good pc like this one .. :(

Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 9 of 13 (3,902 Views)

Hi:

I wish I had an answer for you.  Hopefully someone else has an idea because I don't. I have a dc7600 and it is running Windows 7 Home Premium just fine. No missing drivers no problems. I love it.  A dc7900 is newer and would be more compatible with Windows 7 than mine is. HP doesn't even have any Windows 7 drivers for my computer.

Did you try installing  the Windows Vista audio driver for your PC?

Your PC should run everything just perfectly in Windows 7.

Paul

Occasional Advisor
lordrdn
Message 10 of 13 (3,897 Views)

hmm .... i think i did try vista drivers

so HP forum kinda failed ... i'll see what i can do by myself now .. thanx a lot for the tips paul :)

Occasional Advisor
lordrdn
Message 11 of 13 (3,235 Views)

another issue,

when i restart my pc watever i wanna boot from i get this error:

blue screen and at top : ***STOP : 0x000000A5 (0X001000A,0X00000000,0X00000000,0X00000000)

Occasional Advisor
lordrdn
Message 12 of 13 (3,228 Views)

but niw HEY HEY wait a sec, you got the thing wrong , its not that win7 didn't load the drivers, windows DID load the drivers, and on device manager there is the available driver at sounds > HD audio but the problem is, the sound jack sensors may not working correctly, and it shows red cross and when i put the cursor on it says : no speaker or headphone is pluged in (u liar) and when i instal SRS Premium Sound Driver for HP Thin Speakers (32-bit) any OS (bcz its for any 32bit OS) everything LOOKS fine but ... still u can't hear the sound and while playing ur sound meter at the spear thing moves but no output ... that is my issue ... :smileysurprised:

well this WAS my issu, but looks like my damned PC changed its mind =_= now that driver says that it didn't find any confartable or watever device to work on

Occasional Visitor
feelgood13
Message 13 of 13 (3,073 Views)

Had the exact same problems as you.  Check your BIOS settings to make sure Audio is not disabled.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.