HP DC7700 driver missing for -PCI Simple Communications Controller using Windows 7 (183058 Views)
Occasional Visitor
stacey82710
Message 76 of 87 (1,530 Views)

Re: HP DC7700 driver missing for -PCI Simple Communications Controller using Windows 7

I am having the same problem but i have nvidia audio and pci driver isnt there i have tried alot of suggestions but mine issuue is alittle different with the graphics card being in my computer. I also have no sound. tried to install realteck but didnt do anything with the nvidia. any suggestions on how to fix this? and when i went also the chipset driver didnt work either. I also went to http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=US&swItem=vc-876... and it said this wasnt the right one or something.

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&SUBSYS_2801103C&REV_02
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&SUBSYS_2801103C
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&CC_078000
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&CC_0780

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 77 of 87 (1,517 Views)

Re: HP DC7700 driver missing for -PCI Simple Communications Controller using Windows 7

Hi:

The no audio fix is easy.

Go into the BIOS and in the advanced menu, device configurations, find the onboard audio setting and change it from disabled to enabled.  Save the setting there by hitting the F10 key and again save settings and exit.

When you reboot, you will have the onboard sound back.

You should try this driver first to see if you can get the PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994 to install.

Try installing it manually if the auto install doesn't work.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&prodTypeId=12...

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
ahmerbm
Message 78 of 87 (1,452 Views)

i have same issues as other and i didn't find any solution my device id are
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&SUBSYS_2801103C&REV_02
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&SUBSYS_2801103C
Please use plain text.
HP Pro
HpBiosGuy
Message 79 of 87 (1,429 Views)

Hi,

That should be the Intel Management Engine interface.  I can't give you a specific download link without knowing which OS you are using, but if you are also using the dc7700, make sure you have the Intel HECI driver installed and the Intel Local Management Service.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
HpBiosGuy

I am an HP Employee.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
ball
Message 80 of 87 (1,038 Views)

help me for my PCI Communications Controller ..here is my id

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&SUBSYS_2802103C&REV_02
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2994&SUBSYS_2802103C

plz plz plz anyone give me the solution as fast as possible em w8ng

Please use plain text.
HP Pro
HpBiosGuy
Message 81 of 87 (1,015 Views)

Hi ball,

Please see my previous repsonse.  That should be the Intel Management Engine interface.  I can't give you a specific download link without knowing which OS you are using, but if you are also using the dc7700, make sure you have the Intel HECI driver installed and the Intel Local Management Service.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
HpBiosGuy

I am an HP Employee.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
hsaied
Message 82 of 87 (962 Views)

Re: HP DC7700 driver missing for pci serial port & the USB doesn't work using Windows 7

[ Edited ]

Hello,

I recently reinstall os by windows 7, on my hp compaq dc 7700 small form factor base unit, the problem appears with the USB, it doesn't accept any device (such like usb mouse, usb modem or usb wireless). in the device manager there is a yellow sign at the pci serial port & the pci simple communication controllers

thanks,

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 83 of 87 (956 Views)

Re: HP DC7700 driver missing for pci serial port & the USB doesn't work using Windows 7

Please use plain text.
x-osn
Message 84 of 87 (944 Views)

[ Edited ]

Please do make sure to use either the HP/retail Windows 7 Professional (x86) operating system as the DC7700 is not designed for usage w/ a 64-bit O/S version. Try to have your HP Windows 7 Professional installation discs as these might be now required, as you should have these discs

Hewlett-Packard - (HP originally supplied 3 silver-black Restore disks)

HP original supplied - Restore Plus! CD

HP Windows Vista Business Edition (x86) - English United States / United Kingdom DVD

HP Restore Supplemental Software CD

HP Windows 7 Professional (x86) Operating System Disc can be used instead - but you may require HP Support help to use this HP Windows 7 disc w/ the DC7700 as this machine was originally designed for usage w/ Windows Vista Business (x86) & not for usage w/ Windows 7 Professional (x86)!

If you proceed to install the Windows 7 Professional O/S using the HP Restore Plus! Discs set, this procedure does take around an hour & a half to fully complete using these discs- all supplied Intel & nVIDIA Graphics Drives will be correctly done by HP software during this very long winded HP Windows 7 Professional (x86) installation!

If your system discs are lost, you maybe able to get copies from either HP or sadly through eBay etc - but if using eBay do make sure that you try to get them from a registered business or a seller w/ an excellent eBay rating!

Alternatively, you can rather get & install a retail version of Windows 7 Professional (x86) which could be useful! The retail Windows 7 Professional (x86) O/S takes around 22 minutes to fully install & once it's complete- proceed to install all the DC7700 system drivers in turn - that may not have been done.

As for the nVIDIA Graphics drivers, you'll need to get those directly from nVIDIA http://www.nvidia.com/content/global/global.php as you'll be able to download them from there & they will work for the 32-bit Windows 7 O/S. Most of the Device Drivers displayed within the "Device Manager" will be correctly installed w/ possibly one or two not done, as these could be either an Intel or other chipset which you can easily obtain directly from the Intel site> http://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/en/homepage.html

If necessary , it might be a possibility that you could do a full & clean installation of Windows 7 Professional (x86) to be done from the HP Boot Logo Menu Screen rather than trying to do this within any existing Windows environment!

Hope this helps.

All the best.

Xen Ovid-Sophron-Naso
Please use plain text.
x-osn
Message 85 of 87 (931 Views)

[ Edited ]

The following procedure is good for proceeding w/ a full & clean installation using either a HP Windows Vista Business (x86) / HP Windows 7 Professional (x86) supplied system set of installation discs from HP on the HP Compaq dc7700 Ultra-slim Desktop PC. You'll need to substitute Windows Vista w/ Windows 7 if you're using Windows 7 etc as I sold my old  DC7700 Ultra-slim PC a long time ago but still kept all my notes for it!

Hewlett-Packard Company - UK - Main Contact # 08708422339

Software Support # XXX

Hewlett-Packard - United Kingdom, (supplied 3 silver-black Restore disks), for an English Windows Vista Business x86 setup. Please do not lose these three discs!

Hewlett-Packard - (HP originally supplied 3 silver-black Restore disks)

HP original supplied - Restore Plus! CD

HP Windows Vista Business Edition (x86) - English United Kingdom DVD

HP Restore Supplemental Software CD

The original & a complete HP Windows Vista Business x86 supplied English - United Kingdom system setup, with a three way hard-disc split-up , installation procedure is slow and a long-winded which takes at least around one and a half hours to fully install:- (01:30 Hours)

Only after a HP Windows Vista Business x86 supplied English - United Kingdom system setup has fully completed, then proceed next to Activate + Validate Windows, then next to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 which takes around an hour to completely install, followed by the Windows Updates afterwards.

Total Windows Vista Business x86 + Sservice Pack 1 setup time:- (02:30 Hours)

Xen Ovid-Sophron-Naso
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
MarcMestres
Message 86 of 87 (818 Views)

Hi Paul,

we're installing Windows Thin PC (based on Windows Embedded Standard 7) on a dc7700 SFF, and like others, we have PCI Simple Communications Controller device without driver.

We tested with the driver proposed by Paul Tikkanen http://h30499.www3.hp.com/t5/forums/replypage/board-id/bsc-271/message-id/83228 but the update doesn't recognize this release of Windows.

Can anyone help us?

Thank you all!

Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
MarcMestres
Message 87 of 87 (793 Views)

Hi,

Following a suggestion from Paul, I tried to extract the driver files from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=10895&lang=eng&OSVersion=%0A%09%09%0...=

and manually install it, going to the device manager, clicking on the PCI Simple Comms Controller needing the driver, driver tab, update driver, Browse my computer for driver software and browse to the extracting folder that was created before.

The driver was on HECI folder.

This procedure worked perfectly!

Thanks to Paul for his contribution.

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation