HP Compaq dc7700-ram working? (188 Views)
Occasional Visitor
chetly
Message 1 of 2 (188 Views)

HP Compaq dc7700-ram working?

[ Edited ]

i have a HP Compaq dc7700 Convertible Minitower PC will elpida 2gb 2rx4 pc2-5300f-555  ram work in it?

Honored Contributor
David_Schwartzs
Message 2 of 2 (174 Views)

Re: ram

No. It won't work.

From what I've been able to gather on google, this chip is a "fully buffered dimm" or FBDIMM - this type of RAM is typically used on very high end servers and workstations, and the dc7700 doesn't support FBDIMM or ECC.

You need a PC2-5300U (DDR2-667 Unbuffered non-ECC) chip. The HP Part # for a 2GB DIMM is PX977AA. If you buy third party memory from a mainstream vendor (Kingston, Crucial, Edge, Axiom, Centon), they typically have "matched parts" which they guarantee conform to the original HP part number specifications to ensure compatibility, and you should request such specifically. Using generic RAM sometimes leads to mixed results.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
--
David Schwartzstein
IT Channel Sales Expert / Solutions Architect

Currently looking for my next opportunity - http://www.linkedin.com/in/pctechyoda

If my post solves your problem, please kindly take a moment to mark my post as a solution. Thank you.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.