HP Compaq dc 7700 doesn't admit Hirens Boot USB (1617 Views)
PGP
Occasional Visitor
PGP
Message 1 of 4 (1,617 Views)

HP Compaq dc 7700 doesn't admit Hirens Boot USB

Hello,

I've tried to boot from Hirens Boot USB v 13.0 and I've failed. Te computer is a HP Compaq 7700. I've even actualised BIOS to 786E1 3.05 and it doesn't work anyway. I know the USB is working, because i've tried in a toshiba laptop and it goes perfect. But when I try it in my HP I got a blank screen with the cursor blinking after the wellcome screen.

In BIOS menu I'm able to see the USB as inserted, but when booting, even I press F9 to enter boot menu, I got the same blank screen.

Any clues how can I boot from Hirens USB??

Thanks

Occasional Visitor
ama2020
Message 2 of 4 (1,480 Views)

Re: HP Compaq dc 7700 doesn't admit Hirens Boot USB

I am also facing the same problem with HP Compaq Elite 8100 series. Did you get any solution for this one ?

Occasional Visitor
rodney donovan
Message 3 of 4 (1,277 Views)

The Bios does not support USB boot. I have an HP Elite 4core PC that does not have any mention of USB boot in the Bios. I guess that It is not an option and I will have to use a CD.

Master Rod

Honored Contributor
Rainald T
Message 4 of 4 (1,264 Views)

To the OP's comments:

The dc7700 does boot fine a USB-stick and f.e. the setup of Windows 7 runs perfects from a stick (the contents from the DVD copy to the stick.

I don't know what the "Hiren's Boot USB" contains. But you may try it with a different stick properly formatted (wih the HP tool formatting first).

Rainald

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.