HP 1730 LCD monitor no longer goes into sleep mode (1368 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Ken E Harris
Message 1 of 6 (1,368 Views)
Accepted Solution

HP 1730 LCD monitor no longer goes into sleep mode

My 1730 monitor used to go into sleep mode (displays "going to sleep", blanks screen and power LED turns amber) when video signal lost e.g PC powered down or in standby mode. Now the LED stays green and the screen cycles through red/green/blue/black/white (full screen). It does the same thing when power is first applied with no video connections. I *can* make it go to sleep using the OSD "sleep now" menu option. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Ken
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Kirk
Message 2 of 6 (1,368 Views)

Re: HP 1730 LCD monitor no longer goes into sleep mode

Ken

I would suspect that your monitor may need to be reset.

If you have a menu option to reset to defaults I would try that. If there is a button on the back that says "Reset" I would try that. I would disconnect the monitor completely and leave it disconnected over night and see if that would reset it.

The manual talks about "Factory Reset" but does not explian how to do a reset.

Hope this helps.

John K.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Ron Silver_1
Message 3 of 6 (1,368 Views)

I have an F70 that is doing the same It has lost the SN info and the backlight time restarted. Any ides?
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Ken E Harris
Message 4 of 6 (1,368 Views)

Thanks for your responses. I have tried the suggestions but nothing changes. I *think* the monitor must have lost the capability to detect the presence of a video signal and just *thinks* it's always there. Even the HP software downloaded from the HP site which allows instant or scheduled transitions to sleep mode has the same effect. The only way to truly make it sleep is the "sleep now" option on the OSD menu. I have got fed up with the flashing full screen colours on an otherwise dormant PC. My workaround is to select a screen saver of "blank" (black) and hibernate the PC after 30 minutes.
Ken
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Ron Silver_1
Message 5 of 6 (1,368 Views)

The monitors are in the factory test mode. I did find a procedure to get it out of the factory test mode fo another monitor and I tried it on mine but it doesn't work. Here is the page for the vs15. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c00791958&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=459838〈=en Maybe this will work on yours. The f70 is missing the path into the setup.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
Ken E Harris
Message 6 of 6 (1,368 Views)

Hooray! I seem to have cracked it but not sure how! After selecting Factory Reset (which didn't appear to have any effect) a new window was displayed before the usual window when OSD was selected. It had lots of non obvious parameters each having several sttings that could be changed typically RGB settings e.g. AutoColor, Gain, Offset, SSC, 9300K, sRGB, Burnin (On/Off), ISP (On/Off), followed by EXIT ... DVI. This looked like a "factory only" settings page. But "Burnin" looked relevant so I turned this OFF and now my monitor goes to sleep instead of cycling thru the colours.
A big Thank You for making me take another look at "Factory Reset".
Ken
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation