Ethernet drivers for hp compaq dc5700 and dc 7700 wont work even after installing (1895 Views)
Occasional Contributor
Charles Nwaokukwu
Message 1 of 3 (1,895 Views)

Ethernet drivers for hp compaq dc5700 and dc 7700 wont work even after installing

Hello all,
Before complaining about my present system status, i have read about 3-4 cases that is similar to mine and follow the steps given.
I installed the chipset-video-network and (the rest in that other) did a reboot after each installement.
The network driver i installed is "Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Drivers for Microsoft Windows XP".
The details of my ethernet driver for the dc5700 is "PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_167B&SUBSYS_2808103C&REV_02\4&1D1FEE1&0&00E1".
Thanks in anticipation
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Ron Silver_1
Message 2 of 3 (1,884 Views)

Re: Ethernet drivers for hp compaq dc5700 and dc 7700 wont work even after installing

Did you unblock the drivers that you downloaded and tried to install. If you downloaded the drivers with windows firewall on and some third party firewalls the download will be block and some drivers will execute correctly and some won't. To unblock a download download to a know place (I use the Desktop for ease of finding them) Right click the driver and select properties, On the window that comes up slect the unblock buuton towards the bottom and then the Apply button at the bottom right, then close the window and I generally burn it to a CD for Archive purposes. If the dowloaded file isn't blocked you won't see the unblock button. You may want to download and unblock the other files and reistall them as well if they were blocked.
Please use plain text.
Occasional Contributor
Charles Nwaokukwu
Message 3 of 3 (1,884 Views)

Re: Ethernet drivers for hp compaq dc5700 and dc 7700 wont work even after installing

Thanks Mr RonSilver, but i am still experiencing the same issues. i have unblocked the applications and install them like you told me to, but i still cant see the network icon.

NB. come to think of it, there is no audio even after doing the same.
please assist me
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation