Elite800G1 Intel SRT Accelerate option missing (317 Views)
Occasional Contributor
AlexMags
Message 1 of 2 (317 Views)
Accepted Solution

Elite800G1 Intel SRT Accelerate option missing

I have Elite 800 G1 SFF PC with 500GB SATA and 128GB Crucial M4 SSD

I'd like to enable Intel Smart Response Technology to use SSD as a cache for the SATA disk.

RAID model is enabled in BIOS

if i do CTRL+I during boot to configure RAID volumes then Acceleration Options is disabled

If i install Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology app there is a performance button but no acceleration button

OS installed on SATA drive, SSD drive shows as avaiable in the Manage tab but no option to use SSD to cache frequenly accessed blocks.

Intel doc says SRT is supported in the Intel Q87 chipset http://ark.intel.com/products/75007/Intel-DH82Q87-PCH

Occasional Contributor
AlexMags
Message 2 of 2 (287 Views)

Re: Elite800G1 Intel SRT Accelerate option missing

The trick was to delete partitions from SSD (
Assuming HDD is 1st in BIOS boot oder (disk 0) and SSD drive is disk 1

diskpart.exe 
list disk  
select disk 1
clean
Then the accelerate options appear in the Rapid Storage Technology control panel applet.  "Enhanced mode" is read cache only (use if you think your SSD might be unreliable and fail).  "Maximum mode" is read and write cache. 
So the setup is OS + apps installed on a large HDD. Add an SSD drive as cache for HDD, use perhaps 64GB of the SSD.  No page file on HDD and use remaining SSD space for a large pagefile on SSD.

Then benchmark to see what difference it makes to your workload

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.