Drivers for my HP dx5150 MT (1827 Views)
Occasional Visitor
resistance90ohm
Message 1 of 2 (1,827 Views)

Drivers for my HP dx5150 MT

Well, I'm using Hp's desktop PC, dx5150 MT, AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual Core Processor, 2.2 GHz, with 1 Gb of RAM. Well a few weeks ago I upgraded to Windows 7. Before that I was using Windows XP. Now in my XP I never had to go through any display problems. The internal ATI Radeon Xpress 200 series worked great. But now after upgrading to win7, I'm encountering some problems. Obviously I had to install all my drivers again. For display I installed ATI's catalyst (v10.2).

A few of my games "sometimes" crash. I play low end games like CS 1.6 etc. Sometimes my display driver crashes, and recovers successfully in 3 seconds. The only thing I can figure out is that my ATi catalyst driver is freaking out. Sometimes when I'm watching a video on the web, the screen goes black for 2 sec's and comes back on, with win7 giving me an alert that ATI Driver has successfully recovered.

Can you tell me another driver suitable for my OS?

How can I obtain maximum performance with the available things that I have?

Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Paul Tikkanen
Message 2 of 2 (1,822 Views)

Re: Drivers for my HP dx5150 MT

Hi:

Maybe you should just install the WDM driver and not the whole CCC + the driver.

Do you use the CCC? You can adjust most display properties and resolution using the display utility in the control panel.

You may want to also uninstall everything and try an older driver.

I have posted a link to all the previous versions of Vista drivers for your video adapter.

I really think you should forego the CCC and see what happens.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/previous/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx

Paul

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation