Driver for PCI Ethernet Adapter for Compaq Deskpro EN P733 (703 Views)
Occasional Advisor
Satish Gupta
Message 1 of 3 (703 Views)
Accepted Solution

Driver for PCI Ethernet Adapter for Compaq Deskpro EN P733

I am having problems identifying the correct driver for my Ethernet card. Here is the information about the computer:

Pentium III
Compaq Deskpro EN Short Form Factor (SFF)
It is a 733 MZ machine
Board ID 688
Bios Version 686P2 v1.1
CPU ID 0683
x86 Family 6, Model 8, Step P3
ROM 127

The chip next to the network connection has this written on it: "Innet/SCS Mode SI 50014"

Under hardware profiles it shows "PCI Ethernet Adapter" as the item that it could not find software for.

I am using Windows 98 Second Edition

One other piece of hardware is missing software. It is "PCI Graphics Adapter." I don't know if there is any relationship between the two.

Thank you. If there is any additional information I can provide, please let me know.

Satish
Honored Contributor
Steven Hauk_1
Message 2 of 3 (703 Views)

Re: Driver for PCI Ethernet Adapter for Compaq Deskpro EN P733

Occasional Advisor
Satish Gupta
Message 3 of 3 (703 Views)

Re: Driver for PCI Ethernet Adapter for Compaq Deskpro EN P733

Thank you Steven-H,

My problem is solved. Here are the details.

I installed the first item first. That did not make any tangible change to my situation. I then installed the second item. It took care of my Graphics problem.

When downloading the items you suggested from the HP site, I noticed another item that seemed to be a possible answer to my Ethernet problem.

"Intel PRO/100 VM Network Connection Drivers for Windows 95/98"

I downloaded and installed that next. It solved the problem. Thanks again for your help.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.