DC7700 RIS NIC OEM driver problem (62 Views)
Advisor
Jurgen Verhelst
Message 1 of 1 (62 Views)

DC7700 RIS NIC OEM driver problem

[ Edited ]

Hi,

We use RIS to provision our desktops. I have been doing this since evo D300 series. I use the same image and just add the drivers to i386 and OEM folder.

I added the network drivers of SP33669 as indicated in the i386 and OEM folder. I made sure the special RIS inf files were dropped in the i386 folder. The other drivers in G:\RemoteInstall\Setup\English\Images\WinXPProSP2Base\$oem$\$1\Drivers\Nic, the sif file was changed before so no problem there.

When I PXE boot and select the image, the desktop starts copieng files and boots to GUI setup (So I can presume it found the i386 folder drivers right)

Then the ALT+CTR+DEL screen appears but I think it did not find the OEM drivers because I cannot select the domain. Nor can I login with admin because that account is disabled by RIS.

Do we need to change the inf files like with the broadcom problem drivers or so? I do not know what to do.

Help is appreciated

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Board>Windows based to Business PCs - Compaq, Elite, Pro. -HP Forum Moderator

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.