DC7700 RIS NIC OEM driver problem (46 Views)
Advisor
Jurgen Verhelst
Message 1 of 1 (46 Views)

DC7700 RIS NIC OEM driver problem

[ Edited ]

Hi,

We use RIS to provision our desktops. I have been doing this since evo D300 series. I use the same image and just add the drivers to i386 and OEM folder.

I added the network drivers of SP33669 as indicated in the i386 and OEM folder. I made sure the special RIS inf files were dropped in the i386 folder. The other drivers in G:\RemoteInstall\Setup\English\Images\WinXPProSP2Base\$oem$\$1\Drivers\Nic, the sif file was changed before so no problem there.

When I PXE boot and select the image, the desktop starts copieng files and boots to GUI setup (So I can presume it found the i386 folder drivers right)

Then the ALT+CTR+DEL screen appears but I think it did not find the OEM drivers because I cannot select the domain. Nor can I login with admin because that account is disabled by RIS.

Do we need to change the inf files like with the broadcom problem drivers or so? I do not know what to do.

Help is appreciated

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Board>Windows based to Business PCs - Compaq, Elite, Pro. -HP Forum Moderator

Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation