DC7700 BIOS won't downgrade? (489 Views)
Occasional Visitor
drzapp
Message 1 of 1 (489 Views)

DC7700 BIOS won't downgrade?

I updated the BIOS in a DC7700 from 1.10a to 1.16a (latest) and for some reason this messed up an old USB-based microscope controller we use the computer for- it loses connection when the computer sleeps, no matter what the BIOS settings are. Since it had been working before with 1.10a, I tried to flash back the that version, but keep getting "flash failed" errors, in Windows and DOS-based flashes. I have tried several different downloads, so I don't think it is a corrupt .bin file. Also, I can ALWAYS flash back to the 1.16a BIOS after a failed attempt. I also tried 3.07, which is for the vPro version, and it flashes fine as well, but the USB issue still exists. However, I also cannot flash to 3.05, 3.04 or 3.03...? I have also tried 1.13, 1.14, 1.15.... none for these earlier version will flash successfully. It seems I cannot downgrade the BIOS?

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.