Re: Connecting second monitor (178 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Michael Yessik
Message 1 of 3 (178 Views)

Connecting second monitor

[ Edited ]

I have a dc7600 CMT with an ATI RNX300SE PCIE DVI graphics card. Apparently this card automatically disables the onboard graphics card. How do I connect a second monitor? Do I need to add an additional graphics card? Will I have any problems with compatibility? What type of card should I add?

P.S. This thread has been moved from Remote PC Solutions to Business PCs - Compaq, Elite, Pro. -HP Forum Moderator

Honored Contributor
Steven Hauk_1
Message 2 of 3 (178 Views)

Re: Connecting second monitor

You could add a PCI (not PCI-E) card and put your second monitor on that. Or...You can get a card with two DVI connections. Third option...Get a card with both a VGA and a DVI and use both of those. If you go with the first option...My guess is that your best bet is to get an ATI card so the driver software matches.
Occasional Visitor
Michael Yessik
Message 3 of 3 (178 Views)

Re: Connecting second monitor

Thanks, I think I will replace the card with one that will drive two monitors. That sounds simplest to me. I appreciate your help.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.