Cannot Image w/Broadcom NIC & GhostCast Server (230 Views)
Occasional Contributor
woody woodside
Message 1 of 2 (230 Views)

Cannot Image w/Broadcom NIC & GhostCast Server

[ Edited ]

I am having a problem trying to image 80 dc5100 w/SATA 80GB HD using a floppy bootdisk.
- When booting the NIC (1677) is recoginzed and the B57.dos driver is loaded.
- Computer gets an IP & ghost loads.
- Ghost screen appears w/"Establishing connection" message and eventually aborts with "Failed to Connect"

Other computers in my LAN have no problem and they contain either Intel Pro 10/100, Intel Pro 10/100/100 or 3Com905x NICs. The computer Models are IBM 300GL; Dell GX115, GX240, GX260 & GX270. I have the latest patches installed for Ghost Enterprise 7.5.

An associate in a support forum said that he could only solve the problem by putting 3Com NICs in the computer.

Does HP have a solution for my problem or can they possibly provide a replacement for the Broadcom NIC. All computers are new, under warrantee and I need to have them operational before school starts.

Thanks!

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > general to Business PCs - Compaq, Elite, Pro - Hp Forums Moderator

Occasional Contributor
woody woodside
Message 2 of 2 (230 Views)

Re: Cannot Image w/Broadcom NIC & GhostCast Server

PROBLEM SOLVED!!

HP does not have the correct drivers on their sites, they have ver7.65.

Download NDIS2 ver8.19 (4/26/05), recently posted on Broadcom's site.

Even Broadcom Tech Support didn't give me the answer.

Do I get the Points????
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.