Re: Bios password (557 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Davin Allen
Message 1 of 9 (557 Views)

Bios password

[ Edited ]

I wanted to change my Bios password on my HP 6000 to blank and changed it by hitting the enter key. Now it isnt recognised by the machine. Can you help!!!

P.S. This thread has been moved from Archived Desktops and Workstations Boards > general to Business PCs - Compaq, Elite, Pro - Hp Forum Moderator

Occasional Visitor
simone_22
Message 2 of 9 (557 Views)

Re: Bios password

wanted to change my Bios password on my HP 6000 to blank and changed it by hitting the enter key. Now it isnt recognised by the machine. Can you help!!!

same problem with a hp omnibook 6000, please help me

condorfagiano@libero.it
Respected Contributor
Venkatesh_16
Message 3 of 9 (557 Views)

See if this apply:
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp%3FobjectID%3Dc00005971&pos=7

Once in above site, scroll down to "Locking the hard disk drive" sub-heading.

HTH
Venkatesh
Occasional Visitor
Davin Allen
Message 4 of 9 (557 Views)

Chad The machine shows no derivation on the bottom or on the bootom of the screen just "hp omnibook 6000"
Occasional Visitor
Davin Allen
Message 5 of 9 (557 Views)

Venkatesh,

The notebook was secured as per the section you referred to on the link. Unfortunately i have changed the password by overwriting the original password i set by pressing the enter key and that the enter key is not recognised as the password is the problem. Anything you can advise would be a real help. Many thanks in Advance
Occasional Visitor
Davin Allen
Message 6 of 9 (557 Views)

Chad,

I found the manual and it says exactly the same just omnibook 6000. I am not sure whether the other models were sold here in Australia.
Occasional Visitor
Ilkka Savilampi
Message 7 of 9 (557 Views)

I ran to the same problem just moment ago. Trying to disable the password by setting only enter as the password sets the password to something weird. Has there been any solutions to this?
Occasional Visitor
Davin Allen
Message 8 of 9 (557 Views)

I havent recieved any responses and my machine remains locked. Very frustrating!!! I have found this site on the web however havent tried it out yet: http://www.utilitygeek.com/showfiles.php?view=normal&catid=4

If you find anything please pass it on Good luck!!!
Occasional Visitor
newskoo
Message 9 of 9 (557 Views)

i met the same problem on my T42 and solved it now.
just discharge the cmos battery for 10 minutes
not sure whether it works on hp.
just for reference
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.