Beep Code on bootup - 1long-3short (235 Views)
Super Advisor
CA835831
Message 1 of 3 (235 Views)

Beep Code on bootup - 1long-3short

I have a Deskpro END that gives this beep code on bootup - 1 long followed by 3 short. I also get 2 more short beeps about 10 seconds later - I don't know if that's part of the code. Anyway, I would appreciate some help in what that code means. Also, is there a page I could reference in the future that lists all the beep codes, so I wouldn't have to bother asking a question here? That would be helpful.
"Inactive" generic user for pre-merger Compaq forum authors.
Respected Contributor
CA836402
Message 1 of 3 (235 Views)

Re: Beep Code on bootup - 1long-3short

This is usually an indication that your system rom is corrupt. Down load & flash your system rom. You can go to www.compaq.com/support/files/desktops/us and plug in your system info and operating system and this will take you to the latest rompaqs and drivers for your unit. The instructions should be on the bottom of the down load page. You can also go to the www.compaq.com/support page and go to the reference library for documentation on the beep codes.
Occasional Visitor
Mike McAllister
Message 3 of 3 (235 Views)

Re: Beep Code on bootup - 1long-3short

Once you download the ROM update how do you install if the ROM in computer is corrupted so you can install the new version?
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.