BIOS...oopps...now how to put it back. (279 Views)
Occasional Visitor
granny
Message 1 of 3 (279 Views)

BIOS...oopps...now how to put it back.

I was trying to fix a log on problem and created another.

In bios under F10 is the power on passwords. I added a password to both power on and system on, i think. Now at boot I have to enter a Power-on password.

I fixed the original log-on problem, now i got this one.

Just need to know how to restore the bios.

I'm running a new HP Compaq Elite 8300.

Frequent Advisor
wanhao
Message 2 of 3 (265 Views)

Re: BIOS...oopps...now how to put it back.

HI:

To clear power-on password,you can:

1.  To clear the Setup or Power-On passwords, and clear any other settings, power down the computer, remove the AC power cord and the computer hood.

2.  Locate the green two pin password jumper on header E49 (labeled PSWD) and remove it.

3.  Press the clear CMOS button. This is typically a yellow push button labeled CMOS

4.  Replace the hood and AC power cord and turn the computer on. The passwords and any other CMOS (nonvolatile memory) settings are now cleared.

To reset your BIOS,you can:

1. Press F10 key to enter setup utility.

2. Select File, Default Setup, Restore Factory Settings as Default. This will change the settings back to factory default.

3. Select File, Apply Defaults and Exit.

4. Shut down the computer, remove the AC power cord and place the green jumper back on header E49. Replace the computer hood and power cord.

Occasional Visitor
granny
Message 3 of 3 (255 Views)

Re: BIOS...oopps...now how to put it back.

thx...it only took an hour to find the 'hood'...all's good, got out alive.

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.