920 Pin Connecter from Power Supply - d530s (1809 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Craig_176
Message 1 of 2 (1,809 Views)

920 Pin Connecter from Power Supply - d530s

Hello,

I purchased my d530s a year ago and have since upgraded to a large AGP graphics card. I also needed to upgrade my power supply to match but my new power supply didn't have one of the connectors the stock power supply had. After rebooting, I get a POST code "920-Fan Command 2 Pin Connector From Power Supply Not Connected." I press f1 to continue and everything works fine.

I was wondering if there was any way I could make this error message not appear so that my computer could boot without me having to wait for the POST code response?

P.S. To fit the new power supply and card, I dremeled holes in my case. It looks great. :)
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
John Kirk
Message 2 of 2 (1,809 Views)

Re: 920 Pin Connecter from Power Supply - d530s

Craig

The connector that was missing from your new power supply seems to be a signal from the power supply to the motherboard that indicates the power supply fan is running. There may be a setting in the BIOS to disable the power supply fan detection. You also may want to refer to chapter 7 in this manual:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/CoreRedirect.jsp?redirectReason=DocIndexPDF&prodSer...

Hope this helps.

John K.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation