513 front chassis fan not detected (10878 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Sean Reese
Message 1 of 5 (10,878 Views)

513 front chassis fan not detected

New DC7900 giving error 513 front chassis fan not detected on boot. This only happened once I moved the PC, during setup it booted just fine. Fan is connecting and functioning properly, all the fan cables appear to be fully connected. I have already tried flashing the BIOS, removing the BIOS battery and clearing the CMOS. I do not have an extra fan to test with. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Honored Contributor
John Y
Message 2 of 5 (10,878 Views)

Re: 513 front chassis fan not detected

This has been a boot error for many a HP PC over the years, and the check is usually disabled. There may be an option in the bios, to disable the ,...as long as you know it's working.
Occasional Visitor
Sean Reese
Message 3 of 5 (10,878 Views)

I looked for that setting and did not see one. I went through each setting one by one. There is also no setting to Halt on all error or no errors. Maybe the BIOS was changed for the new 7900s?
Occasional Visitor
Kenny Vass
Message 4 of 5 (10,878 Views)

I was getting chassis fan not detected message. I unplugged CPU fan from motherboard, rebooted, received "CPU fan not detected" message. Plugged it back in and no more messages about either fan when it booted back up.
Occasional Visitor
Sean Reese
Message 5 of 5 (10,878 Views)

I replaced the fan and that fixed the error. Put the fan in another PC and that PC gave the error as well. Even though the fan works it looks like it is not able to be detected by the motherboard. Thanks for the help though.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.