162 System not set, CMOS Checksum invalid (859 Views)
Occasional Visitor
CA1282715
Message 1 of 6 (859 Views)

162 System not set, CMOS Checksum invalid

My Compaq deskpro EN P733. which is hang up after I reflash the Flash software download from HP Web site. I try to upgrade the BIOS and first I reflash the new ver 3.14 from the driver support site. every time I reset the CMOS the system ask me to hit F1 to get the defaul configuration set up. After that the system keep hang up and could not get in to BIOS setup. I even tried to replace the ne batt and still got the same error message, Any suggestion please help. Thanks
Respected Contributor
Pekkap
Message 2 of 6 (859 Views)

Re: 162 System not set, CMOS Checksum invalid

As the cmos has been reseted it will look for all connected components (memory, hdd etc) and that might take even couple minutes to see what it is looking for hit e.g. and it will show you the memory counting etc.
After it has finished you can enter cmos-setup by .
Pekka
Pekka
Occasional Visitor
CA1282715
Message 3 of 6 (859 Views)

I did it every time I hit the F10 and the system hangup, I reset the CMOS the 162 message pop up again and again. Do you know what is the problem?. ThankS
HP Pro
HpBiosGuy
Message 4 of 6 (859 Views)

Hi Henry,

I would recommend trying to disconnect optical drives, hard drives, floppy drives, etc. to see if that resolves the POST hang. Then try to remove any expansion cards, USB devices, etc. until you can successfully complete POST.

Hope this helps,
Scott
Thanks,
HpBiosGuy

I am an HP Employee.
Occasional Visitor
CA1282715
Message 5 of 6 (859 Views)

Hi All.

I took all the device of the Main board and reset the CMOS, it got the same error message, 162 system not set, hit F1 to get the defaul config, after I hit F1 and the system bip two shot bip and hang up. Anybody know how to make this CMOS up. I even see the F10 to set up, but after I hit the F10 key the system hang. I could not get the floppy drive to run. Please help.
HP Pro
HpBiosGuy
Message 6 of 6 (859 Views)

Hi Henry,

I take it your system didn't have this problem before trying to flash the 3.14 ROMPaq. Perhaps the flash process didn't go well. Try doing a boot block recovery by putting the ROMPaq diskette in your system and powering it on while holding down the ESC key on your keyboard. Hopefully, the recovery procedure will allow you to get a good ROM image in place.

Only other thing I can think of at the moment would be to get a new CMOS battery, but that seems more of a long shot.

Hope this helps,
Scott
Thanks,
HpBiosGuy

I am an HP Employee.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.