Re: unable to print properly from XP machine w/HPLJ4200 install on. Windows 2000 Server (56 Views)
Occasional Visitor
andy wong_1
Message 1 of 4 (56 Views)

unable to print properly from XP machine w/HPLJ4200 install on. Windows 2000 Server

Have anyone run into a problem with Windows XP professional when print to a HPLJ4200 printer which is install on Windows 2000 Server. I already try PC5/6 driver. But it still doesn't work. It only occurs to Windows XP machine, all other windows 2000 Professional machine are printing fine. Also, it only occurs with the HPLJ4200 model, the 4100, and HPLJ 4plus has no problem at all.
Please use plain text.
Honored Contributor
Nkassas
Message 2 of 4 (56 Views)

Re: unable to print properly from XP machine w/HPLJ4200 install on. Windows 2000 Server

Hi Andy Wong,
Check out a link for share printer issue at Win-xp Client not accessing Share printer:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?locale=en_US&taskId=110&prodSeriesId=8...
There are THREE Workround. follow each one and see a Result. if the problem still presist then follow a Next WorkRound:
1.)From Win2k Server installed driver Through Client/Server durnning installed it'll ask to installed compitabile O/S Select ->Win2K And WinXP.
2.)At client machine add Network printer Wizard and select driver from Win2k-Server it'll Loaded a Sharing Driver comptiable from Server.
3.)if the steps not resolved issue.
4.)Then at client machine running setup and installed Local printer driver HP LJ 4200 Then open printer driver Properties ->POrt
Change port to IP Address of printer that you can got from print a configuration page of printer(Front Control panel).
Hope this steps will support and solved a problem.Let's know.
Regards,
Nkassas

There are no short cuts to anything worth doing
Please use plain text.
Occasional Visitor
andy wong_1
Message 3 of 4 (56 Views)

Re: unable to print properly from XP machine w/HPLJ4200 install on. Windows 2000 Server

the first method was what I did and that's the problem occur. The second is not the way I want to do it even I know it will help me to resolve the issue for I have a lot Xp clients & HPLJ4200 in our Organization. It will consume a lot of time to do so. Thanks anyway.
Please use plain text.
(anon)
Message 4 of 4 (56 Views)

U said u tried the PCL drivers,how about the PS driver?And how about using the LJ 4250 PCL/PS drivers?They will support all that the 4200 drivers do.
Please use plain text.
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation