laserjet 2300 and wireless print server (17 Views)
Occasional Visitor
charlie wilson_2
Message 1 of 6 (17 Views)

laserjet 2300 and wireless print server

i have a linksys wireless printserver that is attached to laserjet 2300. on computers that i want to link to this printer i cant because i need to load the drivers. how can i load the drivers for this printer when the printer is not attached to the computer?
Honored Contributor
razzer
Message 2 of 6 (17 Views)

Re: laserjet 2300 and wireless print server

the printer needs to be recognized and configured on the network so the pc can recognize it.have you set an IP address for the printer.how is the rest of the network?i mean, is there a multi purpose server that you can install a driver on and set to share it from there?
Occasional Visitor
charlie wilson_2
Message 3 of 6 (17 Views)

i cant attach the printer to the computer that i want to install it on the wireless software sees the printer but when i choose to connect to it is says the print driver needs to be loaded but when i run the printer software it won't load anything because there isn't a printer attatched i am in a catch 22 print driver wont load because no printer attatched cant attach printer without driver
Honored Contributor
razzer
Message 4 of 6 (17 Views)

can you just temporarily attach the printer to the pc via a parallel or other cable and install and configure it then go back to the network?
Occasional Visitor
charlie wilson_2
Message 5 of 6 (17 Views)

plugging the printer directly into the computer is not an option at this time. But what gets me is the computer in question already has a laserjet 2300 installed on it through the wired network so the driver is already installed on the pc for the second printer
Frequent Advisor
Wayne_73
Message 6 of 6 (17 Views)

Hi

Go to the following link and download the HP network printer wizard 6.0. It is a software program used to install wired and wireless printers.Used it for the first time the other day, and it work very well on a HP print server.

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/SoftwareDescription.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&swItem=ja-748...

Cheers
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.