hp laserjet 4000 blank pages (509 Views)
Occasional Contributor
porsche911gt2
Message 1 of 4 (509 Views)

hp laserjet 4000 blank pages

Hey guys, I have a lj4000 that keeps printing blank pages. This printer is not connected to the network, no jet direct attached. As soon as i boot up the printer, non stop blank pages come out. When i hit cancel, nothing happens because there's no print job. Tried a cold reset. Any ideas?
Honored Contributor
David Zuts
Message 2 of 4 (509 Views)

Re: hp laserjet 4000 blank pages

Does the printer eventually stop with a 13.x error code? If yes, then the selenoid "L" arm has come off and there is nothing to stop the pickup roller from turning all the time. Take out tray 2 and leave it out and turn on the printer. Does the pickup roller turn all the time. My quess is it is. Put a sheet of paper on tray 1 (manual tray) and try to print a config page. I will probably print but the tray 2 roller will also turn at the same time. You need to separate the printer into the 2 halfs and then remove all the screws from the cover of the bottom piece and the selenoid is on the right side twoards the front. There should be a spring and "L" arm laying down there. It is also possible the "L" arm is stuck to the center of the selenoid with the glue from the pad having worn down so only glue is left. If that is the case just clean off the "L" arm and put a small piece of electrical tape on the arm and reassemble. Link to the service manual is below:

http://www.feedroller.com/Store/Service%20Manual/LASERJET%204000,%204050%20Series%20Service%20Manual...
Occasional Visitor
KevsfastZ
Message 3 of 4 (509 Views)

I would suggest inspecting the upper solenoid, sounds like the rollers are stuck engaging.
Occasional Visitor
KevsfastZ
Message 4 of 4 (509 Views)

By upper I men't lower
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.