how do I delete old IP address from HP Laserjet 1320n ? (2115 Views)
Occasional Visitor
Otto leholt
Message 1 of 6 (2,115 Views)

how do I delete old IP address from HP Laserjet 1320n ?

We are setting our old network on new servers - and thinks are working fine. But the big problem has been to detect IP and MAC adresses on our networkprinters, and I still have to detect the 'inner secret' of one HP Laserjet 1320n printer. Have tryed all kind of combinations of pressing buttoms, power of and power on etc etc , but still the printer keeps its old IP address.
Please someone : how do I delete this - som the printer can recive the new IP from our network????
best wishes - Otto
Honored Contributor
Bill Hassell
Message 2 of 6 (2,115 Views)

Re: how do I delete old IP address from HP Laserjet 1320n ?

Someone hardcoded the IP address, thus disabling the DHCP capability of the card. Here's the manual:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bc/docs/support/SupportManual/c00208215/c00208215.pdf

From the manual:

To print a network configuration page, press the network Reset button located on the
back of the printer.

â On the Network Configuration page, check to see if a non-zero IP address is assigned to the printer.

â If the Network Configuration page does not have a valid, non-zero IP address, reset
the Internal HP Jetdirect print server to the factory defaults. To cold reset the Internal HP Jetdirect print server, turn off the printer. While pressing the Reset button on the back of the printer, turn on the printer. Continue to press the Reset button until the printer is in the Ready state (from 5 to 30 seconds).

â Two minutes after the printer reaches the Ready state, print another Network Configuration page, and check to see if a valid IP address is assigned to the printer.
Honored Contributor
Pat Flanagan
Message 3 of 6 (2,115 Views)

Otto,

You mention printers (more than one). You'll need to devote a little time learning to use this tool, but in the long run, it will save you a lot of time rather than trying to figure out the resets for each printer. You can also reset static network settings in the printers with this. It's a free HP utility called Web Jetadmin.

http://h20338.www2.hp.com/hpsub/cache/332262-0-0-225-121.html?jumpid=ex_r2845_go/webjetadmin/gc12130...

Pat
Occasional Visitor
Otto leholt
Message 4 of 6 (2,115 Views)

Bill and Pat
Thanks for your very usefull respons.
I now have my HP1320n printing on the network. About HP Jetadmin - already noticed the program , but havent installed it jet. But I look foreward to use this administraor tool. I guess it has to be installed on the printserver - or can I run it from my workstation ( when logon as administrator) ?
best wishes -Otto
Honored Contributor
Pat Flanagan
Message 5 of 6 (2,115 Views)

Otto,

It should run on your workstation fine.

Pat
Honored Contributor
Bill Hassell
Message 6 of 6 (2,115 Views)

WebJetadmin is a centralized JetDirect printer manager so it doesn't have to be installed on any print server -- just pick a PC where you'd like to run the software. It looks at your entire network to find all JetDirect printers. It uses a specialized protocol to actually set the IP address so telnet is not required. The best part is that it is all browser-based and can interrogate and report on everything from network stats to consumables such as toner and ink. Get a copy from:

http://h20338.www2.hp.com/Hpsub/cache/332277-0-0-225-121.html
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation.